Senior DevOps Engineer
The Sr. DevOps Engineer will drive cross-discipline development projects, collaborating with peers and stakeholders as well as mentoring other engineers, focused on designing and implementing cloud-based solutions to create and/or advance existing platforms and services, which are core components in delivering amazing experiences for Pokémon fans around the world!
What You’ll Do
- Drive the design and implementation of complex AWS-based infrastructure and services; building infrastructure to support AWS-based cloud services and using an infrastructure as code (IaC) model.
- Collaborate with development and test teams to engineer scalable, reliable and resilient online services.
- Create and improve internal platforms and services to enable expediency and self-service for our development teams.
- Manage infrastructure and configuration as well as ensuring system and services are utilizing best practices.
- Participate in the training and mentoring other engineers to grow their expertise and improve the overall capabilities of the team.
- Participate in 24/7, tier 2 on-call rotation.
- Stay current with cloud-based technologies and trends to continually provide value to our partner development teams.
What You’ll Bring
- 3-5+ years of experience building and maintaining AWS infrastructure (EC2, ELB, ECS, VPC, IAM, RDS, Lambda, Kinesis, CloudWatch, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience using IaC via cloud technologies such as CloudFormation/Terraform and Docker.
- Robust coding skills with familiarity with scripting languages (eg. Python) as well as proficiency in object-oriented languages and design (eg. Java)
- Familiarity with pipeline tools such as Perforce, Bitbucket, Terraform, Chef, Jenkins and Artifactory. Expertise in any of these tools is considered a plus.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with teams in a fast-paced environment to create and enhance amazing platforms and services.
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: Impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information into a non-technical format; as well as effective documentation and collaboration skills.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles or setbacks, utilizing self-guided research and collaborating with colleagues. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as with 3rd parties. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
- Passion & Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients/stakeholders; you ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through. You utilize critical thinking and data to inform decisions.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and create something great together; building and enhancing appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on technology trends and Information Technology concepts, related to data engineering and providing value to clients/stakeholders.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.