Graphic Designer - Apparel (1-year fixed term)
|# of Openings:||1|
Summary of The Role
The Graphic Designer - Apparel will concept and create supporting artwork that illustrate design concepts and tell stories on a full line of products ranging from Apparel to home goods. You will also create for a wide variety of pillars including: Video Games, Media Production, Publications, Marketing, Sales, and Organized Play events. The Graphic Designer - Apparel will be under the guidance of the Creative Services Design Manager and Creative Director, in accordance with Pokémon’s quality standards and Brand guidelines, as well as production and manufacturing standards and processes. Requires imaginative flair, understanding of current trends in visual arts, working knowledge of latest Adobe Creative Suites, and a grasp of material costs and time limits, all of which can impact design execution.
Strong graphic design portfolio required with application for consideration.
What You Will Do
• Responsible for completion of all graphic development and production steps from concept through creation of final design and any associated file deliveries for print or digital applications.
• Research seasonal trends - identify new colors, fabric and silhouettes for conceptual development
• Participates in meetings, discussions, and presentations as part of the development process from initial concepts to final design.
• Work independently to create and execute design for all categories of assigned brand
• Maintain strict attention to detail
• Understands and stays current with department and company processes.
• Keep projects on schedule
• Work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Interact with various teams within the company
• Meets all department and corporate business requirements, including those regarding work hours, conduct, and teamwork. Marketing, Merchandising and Sales teams
What You Will Bring
* Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree a plus. Industry experience most desirable.
2-5 years of experience with design utilizing computer software
* Expert proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite on Mac OS
* Knowledge of print technology, including screenprint, digital, and offset processes is a plus
* Strong retail merchandising design & Illustration skills a plus ability to navigate Word and Excel
How You Will Be Successful
* Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
* Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
* Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd parties. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
* Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
* Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
* Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on technology trends and Information Technology concepts.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results