Production Designer (1-year fixed term)
|# of Openings:||1|
Summary of The Role
The Production Designer will create and deliver completed graphic files of packaging assets, style guides, logos, media tiles, and various layouts. Duties converting existing graphics files into foreign language versions and preparing them for print or digital deployment. Other tasks may include image retouching, resizing, clipping paths, and additional image manipulation. This is not a creative Graphic Design position, but it will require a high level of detail, technical print knowledge, and ability to match existing designs with precision. The qualified candidate will also be capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously and meeting deadlines with minimal supervision.
Strong graphic design portfolio required with application for consideration.
What You Will Do
* Create print-ready graphics files in multiple languages using industry standard graphics software/applications
* Ability to adhere to pre-designed templates, style guides, packaging systems, and strict production guidelines
* Maintain an organized server, file systems, and adhere to consistent file naming conventions
* Maintain strict attention to detail
* Meticulous review of proofs from print vendors
* Keep projects on schedule
* Work on multiple projects simultaneously
* Interact with various teams and stakeholders within the company
* Ability to work overtime if necessary, to meet deadlines
* Other duties as assigned
What You Will Bring
* 2-5 years of experience in typesetting, layout and file preparation for print
* Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree a plus. Industry experience most desirable.
* Extensive knowledge of print technology and pre-press processes
* Expert proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite on Mac OS
* Experience with localization, online graphics, or 3D software a plus
* Experience with InDesign Styles, GREP, and data merging software a plus
* Ability to navigate MS Word and Excel
* Note: Ability to speak/write in multiple languages is not required
How You Will Be Successful
* Effective Communicator: Expresses information and thoughts clearly, concisely, and professionally in individual and/or group situations. Takes initiative to seek information required to complete projects.
* Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
* Accurate and Quality-Driven: Produces results that meet or exceed The Company’s standards of quality and accuracy. Seeks to improve quality of results and adhere to Pokémon brand standards.
* Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
* Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on technology trends and Information Technology concepts.
* Teamwork: Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills and collaborate well with various stakeholders for the duration of each project. Willing to jump in and assist coworkers when needed. Builds trust and respect among coworkers, and also likes to have fun from time to time.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results