Technical Artist acts as a bridge between artists and engineers to maintain and improve the efficiency and efficacy of content pipelines and workflows. The primary role of Technical Artist is to develop tools, scripts and plugins to facilitate art asset integration into the Unity engine. Secondly, you will regularly work to enhance workflows with animation controllers, character rigging, shaders, UI systems and perform regular performance optimizations.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with Art Leads, Engineers, Animators, VFX and UI artists to support and improve workflows, pipelines and processes.
- Develop tools, scripts and plugins to improve and streamline art asset integration into the Unity build environment.
- Set up animation controllers, state machines, triggers, events and timeline sequences.
- Efficiently and proactively solve problems, analyze performance metrics, perform optimizations and diagnose technical issues.
- Support the art team and designers by developing tools and processes to help prototype new concepts and ideas.
- Research and develop new tools and technologies.
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years’ experience working in a Technical Art role
- Professional Unity experience with a thorough understanding of the engine’s framework.
- Highly proficient with high-level coding and scripting languages (C#, Python, etc).
- Strong fundamental art skills with a working knowledge of 3D modelling and industry art tools (Max, Maya, ZBrush, Substance, Photoshop, etc.)
- You demonstrate a core understanding of 3D development, including modeling, texturing, materials, lighting, rendering, VFX and UI workflows.
- Experience with mobile gaming pipelines and efficient management of poly counts, texture memory, bone counts, render calls, and other technical considerations.
- Experience using Perforce version control and automation server environments like Jenkins.
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd parties. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
- Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on technology trends and Information Technology concepts.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.