Job Summary: This position supports the management and production of global live-streamed organized play events in North America, Europe, Latin America, and Oceania. This role will handle contracting, budgeting, creative development, and project management for online and in person livestreams that support premier events.
What You’ll Do
- Manage livestream productions for Organized Play across multiple product categories and event series as needed to fulfill strategic initiatives.
- Coordinate production schedules and deliverables ensuring on time delivery of assets and successful execution of shows.
- Manage cross functional stakeholder review and approvals of stream creative elements.
- Develop stream schedules in coordination with Premier Events team and external tournament production partners.
- Regularly communicate all pertinent event and schedule information with stakeholders and cross functional teams to ensure livestreams meet brand and legal standards, by market and platform.
- Create show scripts and proposals for new stream initiatives.
- Investigate, propose, and implement new technology to improve stream watchability.
- Oversee onsite execution of livestream initiatives including domestic and international travel.
- Track stream performance, create regular reports, and provide analysis and insights based upon streaming metrics.
What You’ll Bring
- At least 3 years of experience in current Organized Play programs/esports/sports offered in the marketplace (TCG/Video Games) required.
- Expert knowledge of live competition show flow and common tournament formats including single elimination, double elimination, swiss, round robin, and multi-phased events.
- Expert in streaming and Video-on-Demand platforms including Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter as well as software solutions to facilitate streaming such as xSplit and OBS.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Suite of products to support livestream creative and video.
- Advanced knowledge of MS office suite.
- Experience managing livestream productions including contracting for production vendors and talent negotiation.
- Experience designing/concepting overlays, scripts, run-of-shows, videos, talking points, story boards, and other assets to facilitate livestream productions.
- Experience supporting at least 300 hours of live event broadcasts for esports/sports/Organized Play.
- Experience with onsite production support of at least 10 live events.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- Existing knowledge of the Pokémon brand, and Play! program a major plus.
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership. You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together.
- Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Work Excellence: You set high quality standards and strive for continuous improvement and quality assurance with all deliverables.
- Professional Know-how: You understand procedural and technical aspects of your role, and occasionally act as a subject matter expert for other teams. You demonstrate resourcefulness in acquiring additional professional expertise and keep up to date on resources available to enhance skills and meet the needs of all customers.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Travel between office locations internationally may be required on occasion. This position will require occasional domestic and international travel (15%), and an ability to work weekends and evenings as need to support long (12+ hours) show days.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.