Front End Developer (React) II
Summary of the role
The Front End developer, E-comm is responsible for contributing to all stages of the software lifecycle, design, development, testing and internal support for best-in-class Pokemon Center web application. This position will work closely with other developers/contractors and develop solutions to enhance customers shopping experience.
What You Will Do
- Use technical knowledge to design and build complex web applications to meet requirements/specifications
- Focus on building best-in-class web front-end components on a wide variety of third-party applications and systems
- Collaborate with design and product management to optimize customer UX
- Combine interface design concepts with digital design and establish milestones
- Ensure all aspects of the User Interface conforms to the style guidelines for brand
- Work with other front end developers/Contractors to build reusable web components
- Regular communication and collaboration with designers and other developers to ensure consistency across platform.
- Collaborate with back-end web developers and programmers to improve usability
- Keep up to date on state-of-the-art methods, practices, and technologies
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation.
What You Will Bring
- 3+ years of web development experience with React, Redux and NextJs.
- Experience with Nodejs strongly preferred.
- Experience in developing single page application.
- Experience with AWS serverless, API Gateway and CloudFormation.
- Deep understanding of HTTP, REST APIs, and Micro Services development.
- Experience operationalizing web applications for performance, scalability, and active discoverability of errors and degradation.
- Experience with New Relic, Sumo Logic or similar tools for troubleshooting.
- Basic understanding or experience of Test-Driven Development is preferred.
- Experience using version control (i.e., GIT) strongly preferred.
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills.
- Ability to work well in a globally distributed team and individually.
- Knowledge and understanding of SEO and Web Analytics principles as they apply to front end development.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Weekly (including weekends) on-call support for high priority website issues may be required.
How You Will Be Successful
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on technology trends and Information Technology concepts.
- Work Excellence: You set high quality standards without losing brand values and strive for continuous improvement and quality assurance with all deliverables.
- Professional Know-How: You understand procedural and technical aspects of your role, and occasionally act as a subject matter expert for other teams. You demonstrate resourcefulness in acquiring additional professional expertise and keep up-to-date on resources available to enhance skills and meet the needs of all customers.
- Collaborative and Inclusive: You are a team player with the ability to work collaboratively and comfortably with employees who have diverse skills and experience and are in different geographies and levels within the organization. You build trust and collaborate with partners at all levels.
- Process focus: You see value in process and appreciate the benefits of change. You focus efforts on continuous improvement and optimizing work processes to ensure efficiency and consistency.
- Customer first: You deliver UI enhancements by keeping customer interactions in mind and ensure Pokémon fans have seamless experience shopping on the site.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.