The eCommerce Product Support Lead is responsible for enabling the team to solve all customer service issues and inquiries from our Pokémon Center customers. The eCommerce Product Support Lead will become the subject matter expert and seek to continually improve the quality of the customer’s support experience for their released products, while working with internal teams to onboard new offerings and regions.
What You Will Do
- New product and new region onboarding activities required by the Customer Service (CS) team, including identifying potential customer-facing issues, creation of an incident forecast, support readiness planning, and initial support content development.
- Develop and deploy troubleshooting procedures customer service agents will use for common online and in-store transaction scenarios such as purchases, returns and refunds, carrier escalation, stock inquiries, site outages, etc.
- Identify and create the response to emerging issues.
- Develop and deliver reports to stakeholders within the support team and the eCommerce product group.
- Act as the highest-level escalation point for support agents and customers and maintain the highest level of platform expertise outside of the eCommerce group.
- Iterate existing process and policies with the goal of reducing support contacts and improving the overall customer support experience.
What You Will Bring
- 5+ years of experience working in an online retail customer service management organization.
- Experience developing and implementing a support plan for at least one consumer-facing product or offering.
- Retail industry background preferred.
- Content development or training development experience. (Web help design, knowledgebase development, call center training, or Train the Trainer).
- Experience supporting online consumer transactions and/or logistics on mobile devices or personal computers.
- Experience working with multiple internal and external stakeholder teams.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex problems and present multiple solutions.
- Previous experience clearly articulating support requirements with thoughtful documentation.
- Proficiency with knowledge management, project management, or bug reporting tools. Examples include Zendesk, Jira, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Project, Confluence, SharePoint, and Workfront.
How You Will Be Successful
- Problem Analysis: You can filter information from multiple streams to determine what pieces will impact your area of the business.
- Business Acumen: You tailor communication and engagement style to the culture and make up of different teams to achieve results.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd parties. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives especially during holiday spike and new regional launches in which this role will take part.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.