Sr. Attorney (Privacy)
|# of Openings:||1|
Summary Of The Role
The Legal Department of The Pokémon Company International, Inc. (TPCi) has an immediate opening for an experienced privacy attorney with practical and operational experience who will work with our business and legal teams on privacy related issues that affect our products, services, business operations and users. This person will be responsible for providing legal counsel on privacy and data security, including children’s privacy protection, and a wide range of other related laws and regulations and industry best practices, to various teams within TPCi. This position will report to the Associate General Counsel.
What You’ll Do
* Draft, review, and implement internal and public facing privacy and other compliance policies, procedures. Serve as subject matter expert on relevant privacy laws and remain current with laws, regulations and frameworks such as GDPR, CCPA, Privacy Shield, COPPA, ePrivacy, FTC best practices, and advise on the impact of the same on TPCi’s business and operations.
* Advise on day-to-day privacy and data security issues and provide guidance on new and existing products and features to ensure compliance with applicable laws, such as GDPR, CCPA, and COPPA, state laws, other international laws.
* Support and advise the Information Security Team in developing the compliance programs related to GDPR, CCPA, and other applicable laws and regulations, as well as developing and delivering privacy compliance training and awareness programs.
* Support and advise the HR Team in developing and delivering employee related privacy compliance and closely work with the employment attorney in the Legal Team.
* Work with and proactively engage cross-functional teams to deliver appropriate and timely legal advice on a wide variety of privacy compliance matters, such as technology, marketing, and product teams surrounding customer accounts and other consumer products.
* Substantive experience analyzing, drafting and review compliance provisions in a wide variety of transactions, especially Saas, or Paas licenses.
* Assist with developing the compliance program documentation, including data privacy impact assessments, data mapping, records of processing, risk analyses, incident reports including investigation, and related artifacts.
* Advise on data subject access requests, working closely with the DPO, and other legal team members.
What You’ll Bring
* Membership in good standing with the Washington State Bar.
* 5 years of relevant experience and knowledge around privacy, data security, and policy issues.
* Demonstrated experience working closely with technology and security teams, through out an entire product life cycle on matters relating to privacy compliance, plus managing incidents and associated notifications and escalations.
* Working experience operationalizing privacy management and familiarity with third-party privacy and project management tools
* Experience managing outside counsel and narrowing asks in order to obtain relevant legal analysis and advice.
* IAPP certification a plus.
How You Will Be Successful
* Integrity and Trust: Behaves in an authentic, honest, fair, and ethical manner. Shows consistency in words and actions. Is a credible business advocate and partner possessing courage to address matters promptly.
* Professional Expertise: Possesses the functional and technical knowledge, understanding, and expertise required to carry out work effectively.
* Communicative: Develops and delivers multi-mode communication to share ideas, learn from each other, and keep each other informed about problems, opportunities, progress, and solutions.
* Collaborative: Develops, maintains, communicate, and strengthens partnerships with others inside and outside the organization to achieve goals and positive results.
* Work Excellence: Maintains and promotes high standards, seeking ways to improve products and services, encouraging others to do the same, resulting in quality deliverables.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Travel between office locations internationally may be required on occasion.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results