Sr. Attorney (Employment)
|# of Openings:||1|
Summary Of The Role
The Employment Attorney leads support for day to day employment law responsibilities including providing guidance for the HR team and other stakeholders. This role also researches legal and regulatory obligations; works with project teams to translate legal and regulatory obligations into system or process requirements; establishes and monitors triggers for review; and develops remediation plans to mitigate risk. These projects may be driven by new legal and regulatory requirements, new geographies, employee expansion, solution implementations, or emerging risk issues, among other things.
What You’ll Do
* Provide practical legal advice and counsel to HR professionals on all legal issues regarding employment and labor law including recruiting and hiring, employment agreement review (FLSA), leaves and accommodations (ADA/FMLA), and terminations.
* Provide employment law advice and direct internal investigations.
* Develop and/or review written legal templates, including employment letters and separation agreement, and training materials.
* Manage and partner with outside counsel in employment litigation matters.
* Provide advice on various HR policies and programs, including diversity and inclusion efforts.
What You’ll Bring
* Membership in good standing with the Washington bar.
* 5 years of demonstrated work experience in the employment and labor law or related fields.
* Prior in-house experience preferred.
* Knowledge of data privacy regulations and practices preferred.
* Knowledge of Immigration and practices a plus.
How You Will Be Successful
* Communication: Expresses information and thoughts clearly, concisely, and accurately in individual and/or group situations. Adapts the presentation of information to the audience and situation. Professional and respectful in communication style.
* Collaborative and inclusive: Ability to work collaboratively and comfortably with all employees who have diverse skills and experience and are in different geographies and levels within the organization.
* Accuracy/Quality: Produce results or provide services that meet or exceed TPCi standards. You show concern for quality, accuracy and completeness of work activities and personally seeks to add value in every work assignment. Notice opportunity to improve quality and take action to do so.
* Decision Making: Analyzes situations and identifies critical issues, facts and opportunities. Knows when to include others and when to act independently. Makes timely and appropriate decisions and accepts personal responsibility.
* Conflict Management: Negotiates skillfully in tough situations with both internal & external groups. Settles differences and gains consensus without impacting relationships. Direct as well as diplomatic. Good sense of timing; can work out tough agreements & settle disputes equitably.
* Global and diverse perspective: Understand how ethnic, cultural, and political matters influence business and can integrate local and global information into decisions affecting multiple sites. Appreciate diversity of talent, thought, and representation.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times, for specific initiatives, or for support of the stakeholder team. Travel between office locations internationally may be required on occasion.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results