Sr. Production Coordinator
|# of Openings:||1|
Summary Of The Role
The Pokémon Center Product Development division of The Pokémon Company International (TPCi) is the team that develops and/or imports products for all TPCi Pokémon Center channels. This team is also tasked with assuring that all Pokémon Center products are created accurate and true to the rules and vision of the Pokémon brand while maintaining the highest level of quality possible. Pokémon Center is a rapidly expanding business that creates everything from collectible figures to custom apparel to home goods.
This role is responsible for sourcing, buying, and project managing retail products. A broad knowledge of sourcing, retail, and/or the advertising specialty industry is preferred. Familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures is vital. Responsible for a variety of tasks including communication with domestic and overseas vendors, research of retail and promotional products, assisting in compiling proposals, and managing production of individual projects. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
What You Will Do
* Manage production process from concept through shipping, ensuring all project requirements, proofing, deadlines, and schedules are on track
* Review labeling requirements and provide a clear guideline to the Design team tasked with creating the packaging and labels.
* Develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal teams and 3rd party suppliers
* Keep up-to-date on retail trends and new product offerings
* Create proposals for internal clients
* Interact across multiple departments and partners, including arranging and participating in meetings, conferences, and project team activities
* Partners with internal teams to forecast product needs and communicates those requirements on to appropriate external vendors. This may include coordination of schedules, bidding, and statement of work through execution
* Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable
* Document and follow up on important actions and decisions from meetings
* Knowledge of industry best practice
* Obtain full working knowledge of internal software system
What You Will Bring
* 5-8 years of Production Coordination in a consumer products environment, which may include domestic and overseas retail product manufacturing, buying, selling and sourcing experience
* Previous development of products for branded or licensing companies
* Knowledge of product development and process of bringing product to market in all stages
* Knowledge in product safety compliance, such as Prop 65, ASTM or EN-71,
* Understanding of labeling requirements for both domestic & foreign territories
* Excellent communication skills—both written and verbal
* Attention to detail and the ability to maintain quality across all product lines
* Proven organization skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
* Success operating within fast-paced environment
* Team player, open minded to different cross functional teams’ views
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, PLM or other systems a plus
* Excellent computer skills, including the ability to use software for data analysis and presentations
* Ability to see market items to give recommendations
* Openness to new ideas and forward thinking to build new products or processes
How You Will Be Successful
* Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
* Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
* Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd parties. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage team members in a professional manner.
* Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your team; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
* Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to team members. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
* Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on retail trends, innovations and manufacturing processes.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results