Director of Information Security
The Director of Information Security is responsible for maintaining a safe, secure, and compliant ecosystem for customer and employee data at The Pokémon Company International (TPCi). Through skilled people management and technical oversight of TPCi’s Information Security team, they’ll ensure that we continue to deliver solutions that our customers can place their trust in across applications, games, services, and websites.
What You Will Do
- Lead a team of security professionals as partners in delivering software and services with the rest of the TPCi Technology organization
- Oversee compliance with applicable data protection regulations (GDPR, CCPA, PCI, etc.) including acting as TPCi’s Data Protection Officer
- Ensure that all data is appropriately secured whether it belongs to a customer, employee, partner, or project
- Recruit, manage, and retain an experienced team to evolve and execute our security programs and responsibilities
- Partner across TPCi and with external teams to ensure that security is designed into our products and processes from the early stages
- Continuously implement improvements to simplify and improve our security posture
What You Will Bring
- 10+ years of experience in Information Security
- 4+ years of management experience, preferably within the Information Security field
- Technical expertise securing complex environments
- Experience with regulations and frameworks including but not limited to GDPR, PCI, SOX, ISO 27k
- Demonstrated success working with internal and external auditors, security researchers, and legal teams in a lead capacity
- Certifications such as CISSP, CISM, & GIAC are desired
How You Will Be Successful
- People Developer: You model success behaviors, a high-performance work ethic, and constant self-improvement. You create a work environment where people choose to be motivated, contributing and happy.
- Communication: You are exceptional at conveying complex facts in both verbal and written form. You possess the ability to get group buy-in at any level by listening to views of colleagues and taking in diverse perspectives
- Collaborative and Inclusive: You engage and collaborate across functional and organizational boundaries. You establish a sense of unity and teamwork amongst talent. You demonstrate awareness and respect of cultural and individual values and appreciate and leverage the strengths of others to accomplish goals.
- Leadership Agility: You balance attention to short-term and long-term priorities, meaningful participation, and fostering individual initiative and strong teamwork. You are resilient in responding to difficulties and discomforts that change often brings. You seek feedback from multiple sources and use both mistakes and successes for continual learning and development. Finally, you are committed to creating agile teams and to helping others become more effective leaders.
- Impact and Influence: You promote the creation of a shared mission and vision and use those principles to guide actions, getting others excited about and committed to furthering the organization's objectives.
- Innovator: You take calculated risks and teach others to do the same. You utilize learnings to make decisions and know that in order to grow further you have to alter the status quo.
- Global Perspective: You consider wide-ranging influences, situations, and implications both inside and outside the organization when making plans or decisions, solving problems, or developing strategies. You create a safe environment of learning about, valuing, encouraging, and supporting differences.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Travel between office locations internationally may be required on occasion.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.