Project Manager - Production
|# of Openings:||1|
Summary To The Role
The Pokémon Center Product Development division of The Pokémon Company International (TPCi) is the team that develops and/or imports products for all TPCi Pokémon Center channels. This team is also tasked with assuring that all Pokémon Center products are created accurate and true to the rules and vision of the Pokémon brand while maintaining the highest level of quality possible. Pokémon Center is a rapidly expanding business that creates everything from collectible figures to custom apparel to home goods.
This position will be responsible for creating and managing the merchandise development and production schedules for Pokémon Center products. This position will work cross-functionally with internal partners, managing dependencies and ensuring that products are created and delivered in the designated timeline. Up to 60 products may be in development at any given point in time. Process management, accuracy, and attention to detail are vital to this role. Exceptional organizational skills to juggle multiple projects, the ability to work in a fast-paced rapidly evolving environment are also key. The role will also support the manager in developing and streamlining processes, executing system enhancements, and implementing new systems. The ideal candidate will also be expected to gain a deep understanding of the Pokémon brand.
What You Will Do
* Create and manage project schedules for Pokémon Center products
* Maintain project templates
* Ensure all project tasks, deliverables, and milestone deadlines are met for all individuals and parts involved in the process, while managing cross-functional team dependencies
* Communicate and make recommendations to cross-functional teams if there are any delays
* Adjust the project timeline or deliverables to minimize schedule impacts, if needed
* Manage day-to-day operational aspects of assigned projects, coordinate and facilitate project meetings. Ensure clear, pro-active and relevant reporting flow to team members and stakeholders
* Analyze current workflow and make continuous improvements to streamline and enhance project efficiency
* Support Merchandise Development and Production team to promote timely and effective change management processes, procedures, and systems
* Assist new system implementation of PIM/PLM systems, enhancement of product data management system, and improve utilization of project management software
* Act as administer of Workfront project management software and team’s SharePoint libraries
What You Will Bring
* BA or BS degree
* Minimum 5+ years of project Management experience preferably in the retail/entertainment industry
* Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing complex multiple mid-sized projects, application development / implementation projects, including overall responsibility for schedule and solution delivery
* Thorough knowledge of Project Management Institute (PMI), agile project management techniques and best practices. PMP Certification or other project management certification is desired
* Proficiency in project management software/tools to manage projects and facilitate related communication, including and not limited to Workfront, Jira, Confluence, Excel, Word, MS Project, Visio, and PowerPoint
* Able to generate, explain, and present detailed project metrics, schedules, milestone objectives, status reports, and other documentation clearly and accurately
* Highly skilled in time management to facilitate involvement in multiple projects
* Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
* Self-motivated, independent, creative, energetic, assertive approach
* Passion for the video games/entertainment industry
How You Will Be Successful
* Organized: You are highly organized and have acute attention to detail. You can see the “big picture” of how all the on-going projects fit together and know when and where schedules can be altered to accommodate changes
* Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
* Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
* Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd parties. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage team members in a professional manner.
* Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your team; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
* Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to team members. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
* Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on retail trends, innovations and manufacturing processes.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results