The Product Marketing Manager leads the creation of go-to-market plans for Pokémon brand campaigns and initiatives. This person will work closely with cross-functional teams to develop marketing plans that support brand initiatives inclusive of various product pillars, helping teams align on messaging, goals, and objectives, and working with them to create engaging outbound marketing campaigns.
What You Will Do
- Develop omnichannel marketing campaigns that highlight brand and product initiatives. Partner with other product managers to understand product features, customer segmentation, and target business and consumer engagement goals. Serve as the marketing “go-to” resource for all brand initiatives.
- Lead the extended marketing team in the development of these integrated marketing campaigns to support core business and brand initiatives, seasonal programming, and other brand marketing activations.
- Measure and optimize campaign results against established business and marketing Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s),and share key learnings to Marketing and Product Development teams, to optimize future marketing efforts.
- Help build best practices for marketing campaign planning, change management, and dashboard reporting.
What You Will Bring
- 3 to 7 years of proven experience as a product marketing manager, preferably with a global entertainment brand or consumer brand. Experience in marketing games, interactive entertainment, and mobile games and apps, is a bonus.
- Demonstrated consumer marketing experience, with a customer-centric approach in creating marketing plans that include tactical development and execution. Experience should include high-impact ideas created and executed within a paid-earned-owned marketing framework.
- Demonstrated program management skills to oversee and support the creation and implementation of launch and sustainment marketing activities, and the ability to problem-solve where needed.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in relevant field or equivalent experience preferred.
How You Will Be Successful
- Collaborative and Inclusive: You are a team player with the ability to work collaboratively and comfortably with employees who have diverse skills and experience and are in different geographies and levels within the organization. You build trust and collaborate with partners at all levels.
- Impact and Influence: You have the ability to persuade others to support an idea, agenda or direction. Your strategic influence includes establishing credibility or using data to directly persuade or address a person’s issues or concerns.
- Communications: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with the ability to effectively deliver content and convey messaging to diverse audiences.
- Process Focus: You see value in process and appreciate the benefits of change. You focus efforts on continuous improvement and optimizing work processes to ensure efficiency and consistency
- Global Perspective: You understand how ethnic, cultural, and political matters influence business and can integrate local and global information into day-to-day decisions affecting the organization.
- Leadership Agility: You understand current state and can visualize the ideal state to be able to counsel, connect dots and influence leadership, business partners and employees to translate vision into action.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work well under pressure and can pivot direction quickly to keep up with business demands, maintaining use of best practices.
- Growth Mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on trends and concepts.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Some travel may be necessary at times.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.