|# of Openings:||1|
Summary Of The Role
The Pokémon Center Product Development division of The Pokémon Company International (TPCi) is the team that develops and/or imports products for all TPCi Pokémon Center channels. This team is also tasked with assuring that all Pokémon Center products are created accurate and true to the rules and vision of the Pokémon brand while maintaining the highest level of quality possible. Pokémon Center is a rapidly expanding business that creates everything from collectible figures to custom apparel to home goods.
This role is responsible for sourcing, buying, and project management of retail and promotional products. A broad knowledge of overseas sourcing, retail and/or the advertising specialty industry is preferred. Familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures is vital. Ability to performs a variety of tasks including communication with domestic and overseas vendors, research retail and promotional products, assist in compiling proposals, and manage production of individual projects. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
What You Will Do
* Develop and maintain positive working relationships with product suppliers
* Source domestic and overseas retail and promotional products, keeping up-to-date on trends and new product offerings
* Create proposals for internal clients
* Manage production process from concept to purchase order to product delivery
* Interact across multiple departments and partners, including arranging and participating in meetings, conferences, and project team activities
* Partners with internal teams to forecast product needs and passes those requirements on to appropriate external vendors. This may include coordination of schedules, bidding, and statement of work through execution
* Coordinate proof approvals
* Creates clear, understandable job schedules, project layouts, and purchase orders
* Obtain full working knowledge of internal software system
What You Will Bring
* 3-5 years of Production Coordination in a consumer products environment, which may include domestic and overseas retail product manufacturing, buying, selling and sourcing experience
* Previous development of products for branded or licensing companies
* Knowledge in product safety compliance is preferable, such as Prop 65, ASTM or EN-71
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Attention to detail and the ability to maintain quality across all product lines
* Proven organization skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
* Success operating within fast-paced environment
* Team player
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
* Excellent computer skills, including the ability to use software for data analysis and presentations
How You Will Be Successful
* Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
* Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
* Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd parties. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage team members in a professional manner.
* Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your team; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
* Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to team members. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
* Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on retail trends and innovations.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results