We are looking for a driven and organized senior accountant who has a strong foundation in technical accounting to join our Accounting team. The Senior Accountant – Policy and Controls, will be a key contributor to the development and documentation of The Pokémon Company International, Inc. (TPCi) accounting policies, controls and processes. In addition, this role will be a change agent to identify and implement continuous process improvements.
What You Will Do
- Understand, document and/or refine existing TPCi accounting policies
- Perform technical accounting research and document accounting treatment for new and/or existing transactions and business initiatives
- Maintain knowledge of current accounting standards to ensure proper application in TPCi’s close and consolidation process.
- Identify needed improvements in business processes and internal controls, and work closely with management to design, document and implement improvements
- Prepare and review journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and variance analyses in accordance with TPCi’s accounting policies
- Effectively partner with cross-functional teams to support business initiatives, drive process improvements and implement best practices.
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required (CPA certification preferred)
- 5+ years’ experience in public or industry accounting, experience in internal audit or accounting policy preferred.
- In depth understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures
- Strong internal control mindset
- Microsoft Dynamics experience a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd parties. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
- Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on technology trends and Information Technology concepts.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Travel between office locations internationally may be required on occasion.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.