The HR Coordinator assist and administers a variety of processes, programs and services covering all aspects of HR related operations including recruitment, on-boarding, benefits administration, employee relations, employee programs, reporting and budgeting, record keeping and administration.
- Assist with staff recruitment and recruits for positions as assigned by the manager or recruiter. Post open positions; attends job fairs; enters and tracks job applicants; screens candidates; schedules interviews and interfaces with candidates; communications to applicants regarding status; checks references and schedule screenings; submits background check paperwork; conducts candidate testing; sends out new hire paperwork including offer letters; coordinates start date and onboarding process with new hire; and conducts new employee on-boarding.
- HR Service Delivery:
- Provides frontline service to employees as the first point of contact with the HR department. Answers basic questions on HR policies, procedures and programs.
- HR Coordination/Administration:
- Provides support for all HR related operations. Coordinates and administers a variety of programs and activities covering multiple HR activities. Including but not limited to: Staff Planning, Succession Planning, Employee Development and Training, Recruiting, and Corporate Events.
- Responsible for coordination of corporate meetings and events requiring HR coordination (Board, Officers, Management, Associates, United Way, Holiday Party etc.) Provides HR communications to the organization. Schedules the calendars of the HR group, and coordinates deliverables to other areas in the organization. (i.e. compliance, SOX, risk management)
- Reviews and proofs Board Compensation materials and other HR related communications as needed.
- Responsible for HRIS data entry (new hires, salary changes, promotions, and other data changes), expenses reporting, and file maintenance.
- Responsible for design, updating, organization and general up-keep of the HR SharePoint site.
- Responsible for maintenance of all state and federal postings at corporate and plant offices.
- Analyze all office procedures and develops and implements plans to improve efficiency.
- Planning & Reporting:
- Coordinates the Budget planning and development of HR budget including input to the Clarity system. Collaborates with HR staff to provide budget input. Provides reports and accompanying analysis of data.
- Responsible for all HR reporting including monthly and quarterly reports and report collection from the HRIS system and Business Objects.
- Workers’ Compensation Claims Administration:
- Administrator for all workers compensation claims. Includes working with safety and management on claims and external contacts to process claims. Updates and physician panels as needed throughout OPC’s plants.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field required.
Experience: 1-3 years in a Human Resources support role.
Equivalent Experience: 2 or 4 year degree in an HR discipline; or 5 plus years of multi-disciplinary Human Resource experience; or 5 plus years in an executive administrative support role
- Strong interpersonal skills - Capable of building sustainable relationships
- Must possess a high level of professionalism and a strong commitment to employee service and ability to collaborate with all levels of management and staff
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be detailed-oriented and possess excellent follow-up skills and strong project managements skills
- Proactive drive for results, proven ability to execute
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently as well as work as part of a team.
- Must have the ability to exercise good judgment and flexibility to effectively resolve problems or issues; ability to quickly identify issues and provide solutions.
- Must possess a basic understanding of HR principles and practices.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- HR programs/software experience needed, (i.e. Lawson) or other HRIS database systems. Applicant tracking system experience a plus.
- Position also requires the ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Must have good analytical skills.
- Exercise the utmost discretion and maintain confidential information at all times.
- Exceptional capability to learn and quickly put new skills into play.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.