Records, interprets and analyzes accounting records that support the financial statements. Duties include a wide variety of general accounting processes, as well as other support processes. This position prepares monthly journal entries and account reconciliations, analyzes accounting data and performs monthly close procedures, including assisting in the compilation of financial statements and related schedules.
- Prepare journal entries, accounting analyses and monthly account reconciliations in accordance with departmental standards. Review and analyze financial information, journal entries and accounting reports to ensure accuracy and timely processing. Perform other related miscellaneous duties as required.
- Provide supplemental administrative and accounting support for activities such as miscellaneous invoicing, routine and ad hoc financial analyses and reporting, assist with the implementation of new accounting processes, assist with internal control and compliance activities, and assist with other special projects as required.
- Prepare auditor (internal and external) required work papers and informational request, participate in business process walk troughs.
- Create and maintain documentation of assigned significant business processes and related accounting policies and job position responsibilities.
Education: BBA in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field.
- Associate Accountant:
- 0 to 2 years of general accounting experience required
- Staff Accountant:
- 2+ years of progressive general accounting experience required.
- Staff Accountant: 1+ years of public accounting experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the corporation. Proficient with Microsoft Office applications. Experience with general ledger accounting systems and reporting applications. Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneous.
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations: CPA certificate or candidate preferred, but not required.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.