This position is responsible for the collection and assembly of annual budget and generation planning information from various sources and the production of reports which are accurate, complete and timely, and which represent the department's performance and accomplishments in an appropriate manner. This position is also directly responsible for reviewing and processing GPC invoices for the co-owned generations assets which in total exceed $400 million annually. The employee will follow all key controls in the monthly review of these invoices due to the significant amount of O&M and capital expenditures billed by GPC. This employee will also be responsible for producing critical monthly budget variance reports that will be relied on by management to ensure Member billings are sufficient. Along with the aforementioned forecasting duties, this position will also provide various departments with prior period fuel consumption and generation production data on a monthly basis.
In addition to the duties above, this position is responsibility for maintaining the coal inventory model, reporting coal inventory levels, railcar tracking, railcar contract administration, and reviewing the GPC (Stock Ledger). Lastly, this position will participate and support ad hoc department projects as they come up.
- Collection and assembly of annual co-owner generation O&M budgets and capital nuclear fuel purchases budget. Entering the preliminary and final budgets into OPC’s official budget system. Produce monthly budget variance reports and provide other assistance and support as required.
- Review SNC and GPC O&M monthly reports and provide summary to department.
- Maintains and updates the inventory model daily. Requires daily tracking of generation and coal receipts at the plant. Also requires the model to be updated as forecasts are updated. Communicates the inventory levels and forecasted inventory levels to various Departments.
- Review of bills from GPC (Stock Ledger) for reasonableness and ensures that costs are being allocated to OPC at the agreed upon terms. Results are communicated to various departments. Works with GPC/SCS to resolve discrepancies.
- Daily tracking of loaded, unloaded and stored trains sets to ensure that rail and coal commitments are being met. Reporting as needed.
- Produces the railcar mileage report for the railcar lessor. Review reservation fee and eastern railcar pool fee calculations as well as ensuring adherence to established co-owner procedures.
- Review and process GPC invoices for the co-owned generations assets. The employee will ensure that all key controls are successfully implemented in the monthly review of these invoices due to the significant amount of O&M and capital expenditures billed by GPC.
- Prepare and distribute various monthly reports (i.e. Rocky generation data to GPC and nuclear fuel rates to Member Billing).
- Support ad hoc department projects as they come up.
Education: Bachelor’s degree.
Experience: Six years’ experience including two years’ experience in power plant or power system economics, operations analysis, or operations accounting.
Equivalent Experience: At least ten years’ experience in power plant or power system economics or operations analysis or operations accounting or other related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Strong written and verbal communication skills, high PC proficiency, ability to interpret and analyze accounting and financial statements, knowledge of computer modeling concepts and planning models; proactive, results-oriented style; good interpersonal skills, ability to interface with a diversity of technical and business disciplines.
Unusual hours required of this position: Incumbent will be expected to travel to plant locations to meet with staff and travel to other business locations such as joint owner headquarters and affiliated facilities. During certain periods extended hours will be necessary.