Manage the overall operations, maintenance, functional, technical, and administrative activities of an approximate 500 MW combined cycle facility. Responsible for the budget, technical, operational, service, electric reliability, and environmental activities of the facility. Responsible for providing reliable and efficient electric power generation in compliance with corporate safety policies and procedures, mandatory electric reliable standards, FERC, EPA, EPD, OSHA, DOT and all applicable governmental regulations. This role provides leadership and developmental growth to plant associates to sustain best-in-class plant performance. This position also encompasses contract and policy compliance, budgeting, outage planning, project management, and ensures a driving daily work management process.
- Manage the day-to-day plant operations, maintenance, technical, and administrative personnel, warehousing, purchasing, and administrative programs to ensure safe, efficient and reliable plant operation, complying with corporate policies and procedures, and governmental regulations. Provide direct supervision to Operations and Maintenance Managers and to all other plant associates as required when Managers are away from the plant site. Provides interface with various corporate departments, as needed, on planning, accounting, budget, engineering, reporting, and personnel issues and concerns.
- Maintain the knowledge and understanding of Oglethorpe Power’s policies and procedures, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission regulatory requirements, Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Plan laws and directives as they apply in all employment practices.
- Maintain the development and implementation of an effective on-going training program for the Chattahoochee Energy Facility personnel to ensure safe, legal, and efficient operation of the plant.
- Determine requirements for power generation and assure availability of equipment and coordination of maintenance and overhaul schedules.
- Assures a good corporate citizen reputation through effective interactions with general public and neighboring residents and compliance with local, state, and federal regulatory agency permits and other requirements.
- Perform all other work-related duties as assigned.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Experience: Fifteen years of progressively responsible experience related to the operations and maintenance of electric power stations, of which eight years were at a management level.
- B.S. Degree in Business, Engineering, or Physical Sciences, and eleven years of progressively responsible experience in operating or maintaining of electric power station, of which 4 years were at a supervisory level, OR
- Two years of college or technical school in a related technology program and 13 years of progressively responsible experience in operating or maintaining of electric power station, of which six years were at a supervisory level.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Capital and O&M budgeting experience in a utility, and ability to track expenditures to enable educated plant operating and maintenance decisions.
- Basic management/supervisory skills and the ability to create a cohesive team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills using the English language.
- Decision making capabilities.
- Ability to manage, direct, plan, assign, and inspect the work of others.
- Knowledge of Oglethorpe Power’s policies and procedures, Environmental Laws and Regulations, Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Plan laws and directives as applied in all employment practices.
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations: Valid driver’s license which meets the insurance eligibility requirements under Oglethorpe Power’s qualification program.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.