This is a part-time position.
Responsible for performing a variety of administrative, financial and clerical duties in support of facility operations. Supports account payable, receiving and accrual reporting for facility. Maintains a responsive relationship with the day-today activities of plant management, and site personnel in areas as answering phones, assisting with security access and contractor safety orientations. Efficiently perform routine and special assignments with minimum guidance including interfacing with internal departments and external vendors/suppliers and use of various software tools such as Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), Maximo, and SharePoint. Responsible for administratively supporting facility team and corporate support staff as required (such as maintenance planner, technical service engineers, supply chain, etc...) in providing reliable and efficient electric power generation in compliance with corporate safety policies and procedures, mandatory electric reliability standards, FERC, EPA, EPD, OSHA, DOT and all applicable governmental regulations.
- Manage and monitor accounts payable functions including invoice audits and matching for payments, adding vendors and vendor maintenance. Maintain VISA account reconciliation. Assist in budget preparation and maintain chart of accounts.
- Perform administrative duties for remote site including all outside correspondence, scheduling of conference rooms, plant tours, meetings, lunches, and supplies. Maintain plant files (such as Safety, Environmental, and Regulatory Files), Business Continuity Disaster and Recovery Plan, emergency contact binder, required off-site records storage, and plant training and test material. Coordinate annual plant physicals, first aid, CPR, and defensive driving training. Support processing workers compensation claims and incident reports, physician contact, corporate interface and reporting. Maintain forms and physicians panel for plant and required legal postings (state, federal, OSHA). Assist remote site associates with paperwork on expense reporting, direct deposits, health and dental benefits, and other leaves of absence.
- Answers multi-line telephone, takes messages, routes call slips, and provides required internal and interdepartmental information requested. Interfaces with various corporate departments to develop processes required to process personnel and payroll forms and expense reports and other report requirements.
- Input and maintain data, and retrieve information using word processing, electronic spreadsheet, and database programs; researches and compiles information for data analysis. This includes using Maximo, SharePoint and VAULT applications. Supports the activities of the plant through the utilization of the maintenance management system, such as scanning evidentiary documents for Regulatory Work Order in Maximo.
- Performs various budget and accounting activities including creation and maintenance of various spread sheets purchasing and expenditures on purchase orders and blanket purchasing orders, contracts and man-hour reports and periodic accrual reporting.
- Supports the activities of the warehouse by assisting in inventory control and documentation, may require fitting into confined spaces and lifting at least 20 lbs. overhead.
- Orders and maintains office supplies and corporate forms in sufficient quantities to support staff, associates, and contractor needs; provides photocopies of O&M manuals, drawings, and plant specific documentation to the training contractor in support of the operation and maintenance training program.
- Performs all other work related duties as assigned.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Experience: Five (5) years of clerical experience of which three (3) years were at administrative level supporting multiple people or facility.
Equivalent Experience: Associate degree or equivalent certifications with three (3) years of clerical experience included responsibilities in purchasing, contracts, accounting, budgeting, database applications, and/or electronic spreadsheets.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Perform administrative and clerical work using independent judgment and knowledge of office policies, procedures complete assigned tasks. Interpret and apply procedures in handling unusual situations and problems.
- Good verbal and written communication skills using the English language; ability to type (sixty) 60 WPM
- Experienced in personal computer word processing, electronic spreadsheets, graphics, and database applications.
- Ability to coordinate multiple schedules simultaneously.
- Knowledge and skill in interpretation of business policies, procedures.
- Decision making capabilities.
- Able to handle confidential and proprietary correspondence appropriately.
- Knowledge and skills in composing letters, correspondence, reports, memorandums.
- Knowledge of filing procedures and electronic filing system maintenance.
- Knowledge of budgeting, and reporting, cost tracking and analysis, account payable procedures.
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations: Valid driver’s license which meets the insurance eligibility requirements under Oglethorpe Power’s drivers Qualification Program.