Manage the overall operations, maintenance, functional, technical, administrative, and compliance activities of the Chattahoochee Energy Facility, Thomas A Smith Energy Facility, and Effingham County Power. Assist the SVP Plant Operations with strategic guidance and oversight management of the three combined cycle generating plants. Responsible for the budget, technical, operational, service, ERO, gas pipeline, and environmental activities at each Combined Cycle plant and facility. Responsible for providing reliable and efficient electric power generation in compliance with corporate safety policies and procedures, mandatory electric reliability standards, FERC, EPA, EPD, OSHA, DOT and all applicable governmental regulations.
- Manages the day-to-day task in relation to the Plant Managers including the following; plant operations, maintenance, technical, and administrative personnel, warehousing, purchasing, and administrative programs to ensure safe, efficient and reliable plant operation, complying with corporate policies and procedures, and governmental regulations. Provide interface with corporate departments, as needed, on planning, accounting, budget, engineering, reporting, and personnel issues and problems. Provides direction and supervision to Plant Managers at the plant. This includes direction on strategic and operational orientation and focus.
- Develop and implement strategy through Business Planning and Operational Excellence Programs to provide continuous improvements in operations and maintenance practice.
- Develop and maintain accountability for the Chattahoochee Energy Facility, Thomas A Smith Energy Facility and Effingham County Power capital and operating budgets and forecasts; approves expenditures on requisitions, payment vouchers and petty cash reimbursement up to corporate limits; initiates, reviews, approves and manages contracts, purchase orders and blanket purchase orders, vendors, site security policies and procedures, janitorial services for the facilities, as needed; requests, budgets, and provides maintenance for corporate vehicles.
- Manage the development and implementation of an effective on-going training program for the Chattahoochee Energy Facility, Thomas A Smith Energy Facility, and Effingham County Power personnel to ensure safe, legal, and efficient operation of the plant.
- Maintain the knowledge and understanding of Oglethorpe Power's policies and procedures, emergency action response plans, Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Plan laws and directives as they apply in all employment practices.
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Experience: Eleven years in the utility industry including operations and maintenance, contract administration, experience in operating and maintaining generation assets, planning, budgeting, and analysis of which five years were at a managerial level.
Equivalent Experience: Two years of college or technical school in a related technology program, or equivalent military education in a related field and thirteen years of progressively responsible experience in maintaining and operating power plants, of which eight years were at a managerial level.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Capital and O& M budgeting experience in a utility, and ability to track expenditures to enable educated plant operating and maintenance decisions.
- Decision making capabilities.
- Must pass the Basic Aptitude/Skills exam.
- Ability to use personal computers, including but not limited to word processing, spreadsheets, and database applications.
- Ability to plan, lay out, assign, supervise, and inspect the work of others.
- Basic management/supervisory skills and the ability to create a cohesive team environment.
- Ability to plan, assign, supervise, and inspect the work of others.
- Knowledge of Oglethorpe Power's policies and procedures, emergency action response plans, Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Plan laws and directives as applied in all employment practices.
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations: Valid Driver’s License which meets the insurance requirements under Oglethorpe Power’s Drivers Qualification Program.