This position is responsible for the complete execution of Capital Projects. It encompasses all aspects of project functions including: project development, engineering/design, procurement, construction, budget/actual management and reporting, commissioning, startup and testing of capital projects that are required at new generation sites or OPC’s existing power generation fleet with a capital expenditure of up to $50 million. This position may be responsible for managing multiple project at a time. This position directs projects to ensure safety, environmental, budget, and schedule goals are met.
- Manage assigned projects which includes permitting, engineering, design, procurement, environmental and regulatory compliance, quality assurance, and records management.
- Support development of and negotiate contracts for procurement, construction and consulting as required.
- Coordinate with the Operations and Technical Services organization to ensure appropriate awareness of and participation in the engineering review of project design and in the planning for and execution of start-up and commissioning.
- Manage the project controls function for assigned projects which includes budgeting, scheduling, estimating, information systems management, forecasting, and reporting.
- Prepare routine reports for OPC senior management and provide briefings as required.
Education: B.S. in Mechanical, Electrical, or Civil Engineering; B.S. in construction management
Experience: 10+ years of experience in major industrial or power projects
Equivalent Experience: 14+ years of experience working at large power plants involving maintenance, capital projects and budget management
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations: No special licenses, certifications or registrations required: however, PE or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification are a plus
Specialized Skills: Strong fiscal aptitude and proven strong computer skills (thorough knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Power Point), asset management software (Maximo, etc.) and Adobe Acrobat.) Working knowledge of power plants and the utility industry. Polished interpersonal skills/ability to effectively interface and influence, and ability to work in a team environment with results-oriented style.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.