Requires in-depth knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher-level and broader knowledge and skills. Builds knowledge of the organization and processes. Solves a range of straightforward and complex problems; analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures. Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.
Responsible for assisting in the evaluation of environmental issues for applicability to the Corporation. Specific responsibilities in this area include: troubleshooting, quality assurance and reporting activities associated with the operation of the Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems and other compliance monitoring activities at the operated facilities; analysis of the impact of future environmental regulatory programs on the Corporation; assistance in the development of issue briefs, position statements, and detailed issue papers; assistance in development of support materials for briefings to Senior Management on these issues.
Also responsible for assisting (with guidance from more senior personnel) Plant Operations and Fossil/Nuclear personnel in maintaining compliance with current environmental regulatory requirements at the facilities directly operated by the Corporation or operated under contract including water, wastewater, solid waste and air. Specific responsibilities in this area include: development of an understanding of regulatory requirements applicable to the facilities; development of a comprehensive understanding of the Environmental Management System; observation of audits; provision of support to Plant Operations personnel; and support of document control requirements. May also assist in siting, permitting and NEPA compliance for new generation facilities. Responsible for providing reliable and efficient electric power generation in compliance with corporate safety policies and procedures, mandatory electric reliability standards, FERC, EPA, EPD, OSHA, DOT and all applicable governmental regulations.
- Assists in evaluating the potential impacts of future environmental regulatory requirements and in developing environmental issues management strategies.
- Assists with the development of corporate communication materials necessary to support specific strategies to include issue briefs, position papers, and detailed white papers.
- Assists with the development of environmental policies and procedures and provides environmental support to Plant Operations and Facilities Personnel as necessary to help assure compliance with pertinent environmental laws and regulations.
- Assists in discussion among the co-owners concerning the potential impact of future environmental regulatory programs with the objective of reaching agreement on an appropriate risk management strategy and plan.
- Participates in utility trade groups, professional associations, and research organizations to keep abreast of technical, regulatory, legislative, and financial issues and developments. Assesses such information and determines its applicability to/or impact on the Corporation’s generation and other assets.
- Analyzes and facilitates the resolution of environmental compliance issues associated with the Corporation’s generation assets, including primarily air quality, water quality, and waste management regulations.
- Assists in troubleshooting, quality assurance and reporting activities associated with the operation of the Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems and other compliance monitoring activities at the operated facilities.
- Provide support to more senior personnel and to the Vice President, Environmental Affairs on an as needed basis.
- Environmental compliance document control.
- Drawing support using CAD software.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, or Environmental Policy Degree.
Experience: Minimum of two years of experience working in environmental or energy policy and/or compliance preferably associated with electric generating facilities. Working knowledge of environmental laws and regulations that have the potential to significantly impact the operation and maintenance of electric generating facilities.
Equivalent Experience: Seven plus years of experience as described above.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Good interpersonal skills; strong analytical skills; good negotiating skills; strong verbal and written communication ability; must be able to use a personal computer; must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook).
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations: Active Driver’s License.
Travel: Less than ten percent overnight travel required.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.