Administers Oglethorpe’s $10+ billion debt and lease portfolio to ensure timely payment of all debt service obligations. Calculates monthly interest expense accruals. Prepares annual interest expense budget and tracks and reports variances for interest expense and margins. Serves as a principal contact with corporate bond trustee, indenture trustee, RUS and other lenders, as well as outside counsel and auditors, regarding existing debt. Prepares and provides debt reports, secured borrowing capacity, analysis and forecasting reports for senior management. Prepares liquidity calculations in support of debt compliance related to Rocky Mountain Leasing Corporation (RMLC). Works collaboratively with various groups across the organization. Identifies and implements improvements across financial reporting processes.
- Administers debt portfolio of over $10 billion, including debt service payments, tracking of variable rate resets, calculation of monthly interest expense accruals, analyzing and reporting budget vs. actual variances, preparing Pro Forma Margin for Interest reports. Prepares various other debt reports and maintains existing debt database. Provides projected debt service and other debt information to senior management, Controller’s Group, Planning Department and other interested parties. Also interacts with RUS/FFB, CoBank, NRUCFC, other lenders and Trustee relating to debt matters.
- Maintains bondable additions (“borrowing base”) tracking and forecasting model and presents monthly to VP, Treasurer and Director, Portfolio Strategy. Model tracks Certified Progress Payments, Bondable Additions, and Principal Retirements to report current and future borrowing capacity under indenture.
- Key resource for external and internal auditors for debt payments, interest, accruals and the Cushion of Credit related to audits of financials, corporate policies, and internal controls processes.
- Manages railcar lease buyouts, payments, projected cash flows, NPV, and coordination with lessors, collaboratively working with Fuels Department, Corporate Insurance Risk Manager, and Controller’s Group.
- Prepares corporate cost of debt and equity capital calculation (Allowance for Funds Used During Construction -AFUDC), and Margin for Interest (MFI) calculation, and additional quantitative analysis for year-end reporting.
- Tracking and forecasting of Restricted Cash and Investments held in RUS Cushion of Credit.
- Tracking and forecasting of Investments in Associated Companies such as CoBank Patronage cash returns and equity retirements, NRUCFC Subscription Capital Term Certificates (SCTC’s), member capital securities, and patronage capital.
- Supports the annual 10-K and quarterly 10-Q filings by preparing debt and lease maturity schedules, variable interest rate risk calculations, Statement of Capitalization, weighted average interest rates, and contractual obligations table. Participate in the review of information before filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- Prepares Fair Valuation of Long-Term Debt calculations on a quarterly basis.
- Provides backup support to Treasury Services and Investment Manager including check, wire, and ACH reviews and release through bank treasury management system.
- Supports the Manager, Government Loans & Debt Compliance with RMLC and Indenture compliance deliverables.
- Support the Assistant Treasurer as required on special projects, as needed.
Education: BS/BA or MBA in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field.
Experience: Five years with BS/BA in Finance, Accounting or related field.
Equivalent Experience: At least eight years’ experience in an area of responsibility in Finance or a related field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: A thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including intermediate to advance knowledge of Excel, keen attention to detail is essential, excellent verbal and written communication skills, solid accounting skills and general knowledge of debt products, financial markets and bank credit agreements. Knowledge of forecasting, analysis, variance reporting, Net Present Value Analysis, and other financial analytics. Cash Management experience is a plus.
License, Certifications, and/or Registrations: CTP desirable; CPA beneficial.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.