The Business Analyst will provide contract management, analysis and support for Green Power EMC. This individual will be responsible for preparing Green Power EMC invoices and recording the monthly expenses/revenues. The Business Analyst will prepare evaluations and reports to ensure the invoices are accurately paid and processed appropriately as well as performing routine communications with the OPC Controller and Account Payable staff. The person in this position will also be assisting in other activities including those related to Green Power EMC educational programs, Green-e products and preparing monthly REC and Billing reports. In addition, this position will assist with implementation of the Green Power EMC Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) and analyzing and reporting on the performance of Green Power EMC’s generation resources.
- Preparing monthly invoices and data documentation. Producing monthly reports on the expenses/revenue and providing other assistance and support to Green Power EMC Business Manager as required.
- Coordinating with OPC Controllers, OPC Billing and GSOC Account Payable departments to ensure that overall data documentation supports the actual performance of relevant GPEMC and OPC activities.
- Preparing routine reports on Members’ Green-e and REC activities.
- Assisting, with various tasks related to GPEMC educational program.
- Providing support, as needed, in any other GPEMC activities and new projects.
- Assisting in analytical evaluation and reporting on the performance of generating resources.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance or similar discipline
Experience: 2+ of progressive experience in accounting or finance. Utility experience is a plus.
Equivalent Experience: Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience with applicable industry.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Strong written and verbal communication skills, high PC proficiency, ability to interpret and analyze accounting and financial statements, ability to use word processing and spreadsheet; proactive, results-oriented style; details oriented, good interpersonal skills, ability to interface with a diversity of technical and business disciplines.
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations: Valid driver’s license which meets the insurance requirements under Oglethorpe Power’s Drivers Qualification Program.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.