Provide analytical and technical/application support with expense and capital budgeting and forecasting as well as financial analysis projects. application support includes managing existing financial model used for budgeting and forecasting ( Primarily SQL) and development of models and applications. Assists the department with detailed analysis to determine application systems requirements. Projects will include, but are not limited to, maintaining, coordination and development of the budgeting and forecasting systems and processes, and identifying increased efficiencies in projects and analysis. Responsibilities may include interaction and communication with senior company management and Member Cooperatives.
- Performs budget/forecast production activities, including operation of the budget & forecasting application, production of data for internal and external customers, analysis of data and reports, and investigation of errors and variances.
- Investigates and resolves problems and issues related to financial modeling; provides answers to management. Implements or assists with change in business rules and logic; coordinates and performs maintenance and revisions to highly customized application.
- Analyze business functions, define functional requirements, and identify potential system and application solutions.
- Assist with routine and ad hoc analysis projects related to annual corporate fixed cost budget and any long range financial forecast. Additional items include the analysis of the budget data and the development of presentation material associated with the budget. Coordinate with other staff in and outside of the department to complete final work product in a professional manner including formal presentations and written reports. Review and answer follow-up questions and issues in a timely fashion. Presents analysis to various management levels.
- Assist in developing efficiencies within models, analysis tools, spreadsheets, etc. used in department as well as provide support outside of department where requested that can be leveraged in the budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Develop documentation of applications and analysis tools.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Operations Research, Business Administration or related field.
Experience: Five to eight years in the areas of systems analysis, design, and installation, electric utility planning and forecasting, budgeting, system operations, systems analysis, design, and installation, and two years of progressively responsible project management experience.
Equivalent Experience: Ten years direct experience with increasing responsibility in systems analysis, design and installation with project management experience on major projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (i.e., communication skills, systems knowledge, personal and professional characteristics): Strong skills in application development methodologies, systems planning, systems analysis and design. Proficient in SQL. Strong analytical skills preferably with a financial focus. Strong data and object modeling skills. Experience managing large data sets. Good working knowledge of relational database concepts, testing, debugging, and maintaining systems. Knowledge of the functionality, features and capabilities of application development languages (e.g. SQL Stored Procedures). Experience in the use of sound development methodologies, testing procedures, and QA standards. Proficient in PC database and spreadsheet applications. Effective written and oral communication skills.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.