Holt Renfrew offers you an inspiring, fashion-driven environment with opportunities to learn and grow. From our incredible partnerships with iconic luxury brands to our commitments to corporate social responsibility, you will be inspired everyday.
A job at Holt Renfrew offers a competitive total compensation, a generous employee discount, pension, and health & dental benefits, tuition assistance, and continuous learning and development.
We are seeking a Graphic Designer with innovative ideas and a proven track record in both creative and functional design. You thrive in brand and product representation, from branding to digital & print.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Support the creation and production of Marketing ideas that enhance the brand and inspire our customers.
- Creatively implements consistent brand messaging and visual design executions across a wide variety of collateral and media including traditional and emerging media.
- Determines an appropriate design approach for projects and presents recommendations, as needed, including but not limited to digital and print vehicles that range across website landing pages, editorial content, email, vendor look books, social media assets, in-store signage, OOH, direct mail pieces, and private label packaging.
- Conceptualize design strategies in-line with brand aesthetics and standards for seasonal Campaigns and partners with copy and Art Department on all creative layouts based on final design concept approval.
- Support Photo studio onset by supervising and providing support for fashion, beauty, still life and video, ensuring visuals are on-brand, diverse, contemporary, and desirable within approved direction.
- The ideal candidate must have solid problem solving abilities, strong communication skills and the ability to innovate with concept and executions.
- Exceptional production skills with an intuitive sense of layout and design.
- Ensure brand consistency on all projects.
- Manage designated projects from concept development through execution in a timely manner.
- Optimize workflow efficiencies with the Production Team.
- Research and provide recommendations on best practices, industry and consumer trends.
- Effectively manage assigned projects as directed; Work within project schedules and deadlines.
- Pre-flight all material for print and format for optimal reproduction.
- Responsible for the archiving and retrieval of graphic production art, source files, template files and related graphical assets.
- Ability to create and execute content-rich, engaging animated GIFs and HTML5 banner ads.
The ideal candidate:
- Post graduate degree or diploma in graphic design
- 5+ years’ experience in an advertising agency, design studio or retail organization
- Strong conceptual ability and attention to detail
- On set photography art direction experience is a plus!
- Proficient in digital/web production and design, with experience in user interface design
- Exceptional skills in design and typography
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, team environment
- Strong prioritizing, problem-solving, presentation, communication and presentation skills
- Skilled in graphic design software including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch, and Figma.
- Experience in motion graphics and text animation is a plus!
- Ability to understand both the aesthetic needs and the technical requirements of the digital space and how to adapt from print to digital.
- Knowledge of UX principles and best practices and how they can be applied to design.
- Passion for retail, digital design, in-store marketing, and new trends and ideas in graphic design.
The measures of success:
- Contribution to financial objectives
- Individual objectives linked to the achievement of department goals
- Feedback from internal and external clients
Holt Renfrew is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees -- their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity and require accommodation, please let us know so we can ensure you have an accessible candidate experience throughout the recruitment process. All requests are confidential and used only to meet candidate needs.