Holt Renfrew offers you an inspiring, fashion-driven environment with opportunities to learn and grow. From our incredible partnerships with iconic luxury brands to our commitments to corporate social responsibility, you will be inspired everyday.
A job at Holt Renfrew offers a competitive total compensation, a generous employee discount, pension, and health & dental benefits, tuition assistance, and continuous learning and development.
The Manager, National Maintenance & Office Services manages all facilities activities for the company with a high level of service to internal customers.
This position assists in the development of annual facilities budgets and delivery of preventive maintenance programs, and executes health and safety initiatives/recommendations in our locations. The Manager, National Facilities also oversees national account tenders and administration, Store Support housekeeping operations as well as all complex facilities maintenance projects and requirements of the Store Support Centre and Distribution Centre locations.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- In conjunction with the Director ensures the delivery of national facilities programs and maintenance projects.
- Supports in all emergency and non-emergency facility inquiries (such as HVAC equipment, building envelope issues, etc.); troubleshoot and identify solutions with external engineers, suppliers, and vendors
- Manages the daily functionality of:
- Prioritizing and managing capital maintenance and equipment purchases and repairs, liaising with Procurement Department as required for purchasing within budget
- Negotiating and owning the national facility and contracted services contracts (eg. housekeeping, etc.); build and maintain excellent vendor relationships with contractors and suppliers
- Maintaining normal operation of all Stores, Support Centre and Distribution Centre facility equipment in the event of emergency and/or non-routine situations
- Leads the allocation and delivery of analytics to support effective target-setting, payroll management and operational audits
- Prioritizes project/event/initiative implementations including critical paths, monitoring of progress, development of launch materials, communication and results tracking
- In partnership with Manager, Health & Safety, and local Facilities Managers/Joint Health & Safety Committees, proactively champions company Joint Health & Safety program and measures, including identifying trends, providing regular updates, ensuring documentation and plans are compliant and up-to-date, and executing on identified issues as required. Active member of Store Support Centre and Distribution Centre JHSCs
- Takes the opportunity to champion specific projects
- Effectively manages all facilities projects by ensuring internal and external stakeholders are informed and up to date on projects, their status and deliverables;
- Manage facilities budgets including but not limited to annual budget, forecast and month end accrual to ensure projects are delivered on budget at the highest level of quality
- Manages Office Services: leads the Office Services team including the reception, switchboard and mailroom. budget and oversee cleaners; ensure all pantries, meeting rooms, townhall, and copy rooms, conference center are all clean and inventory is well managed.
- Plan and execute meetings, office entry and new hire inquiries
- Audit monthly passcard access
- Audit Covid office access
- Manages the coordination of employee workstations and locker assignments, including new hire set ups, employee exits, and changes.
- Liases with Landlord to troubleshoot housekeeping issues, security issues, and building maintenance issues
- Leads, motivates, and retains a team that is capable of delivering results
- Comply with all Health & Safety policies and requirements as a manager co-chair of the committee
- Manages service contracts and maintain vendor relationship for stores’ facilities & maintenance (Fire Safety, Cleaning, Hygiene, etc).
- Manages CMMS (computerized maintenance management system) from vendor on-boarding to National Facilities Maintenance invoices processing
The ideal candidate:
- Post-secondary degree in a related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in facilities management
- Working knowledge of mechanical, plumbing, electrical and systems
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel) and well developed project management and organizational skills
- Experience with HVAC Systems, Electrical Systems, Elevators and Escalator Maintenance considered an asset
- Certified JHSC member considered an asset
- Demonstrated leadership and influencing skills with the ability to get things done
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a team player who is able to act as both a leader and an individual contributor as required
- Confident and effective communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Is adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Highly service-oriented with exceptional organizational and follow up skills
- Passionate about fashion and luxury retailing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
The measures of success:
- Contribution to financial objectives
- Individual objectives linked to the achievement of department goals
- Feedback from internal and external clients
Holt Renfrew is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees -- their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity and require accommodation, please let us know so we can ensure you have an accessible candidate experience throughout the recruitment process. All requests are confidential and used only to meet candidate needs.