Holt Renfrew offers you an inspiring, fashion-driven environment with opportunities to learn and grow. From our incredible partnerships with iconic luxury brands, to our commitments to corporate social responsibility, you will be inspired every day.
A job at Holt Renfrew offers a competitive total compensation, a generous employee discount, pension, and health & dental benefits, tuition assistance, and continuous learning and development
The Planning Manager is responsible for overseeing and execution of planning and inventory management processes of an assigned area. Leading a team of Planner(s) and Analyst, the role assumes the execution of planning, forecasting and inventory management initiatives in partnership with the buying team. This position influences and guides the teams in short and long term planning, merchandise forecast, and inventory management.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Responsible for developing seasonal merchandise financial plans for division through partnership with Buying group and analysis of historical data to forecast trends
- Oversee the development of Pre-Season store plans at the seasonal, class level and In-Season forecasting of store plans
- Collaborates closely and builds trust among cross-functional partners to drive desired results
- Review monthly forecast in partnership with the merchant and report performance against that strategy to maximize profit, optimize inventory and manage risk.
- Manage the planners through what if scenarios and analytical reporting to identify business opportunities and mitigate inventory risk
- Manage the divisional purchase spend with a focus on risk assessment on spend
- Manage markdown, both in-season and end of season to address unproductive merchandise with focus on optimization to maximize profitability and in line with the corporate exit strategies
- Review inventory productivity and make recommendation to the Director, Planning to optimize profitability in season.
- Manage the pre and post season inventory related process with the planners and buyers
- Manage the Open to buy
- Oversee all analysis and reporting needs for the group.
- Develop and communicate activities related to inventory management to include markdown cadence and consolidation schedule
- Lead and inspire team. Build environment that strengthens associates through training and development; ensures that the team clearly understand job expectations.
The ideal candidate:
- Post-secondary degree in a related field or equivalent experience (MBA or Bachelor’s degree in Business / Retail Management preferred)
- 5-7 years of post-university work experience, including 3+ years supervisory or management experience
- Demonstrated leadership and influencing skills with the ability to get things done
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a team player who is able to act as both a leader and an individual contributor as required
- Confident and effective communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Is adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Highly service-oriented with exceptional organizational and follow up skills
- Passionate about fashion and luxury retailing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
The measures of success:
- Contribution to financial objectives
- Individual objectives linked to the achievement of department goals
- Feedback from internal and external clients