Holt Renfrew offers you an inspiring, fashion-driven environment with opportunities to learn and grow. From our incredible partnerships with iconic luxury brands, to our commitments to corporate social responsibility, you will be inspired every day.
As Canada’s leading luxury retailer, our purpose at Holt Renfrew is to Inspire a Life of Style and this inspiration starts with you! Together, we drive Passion, Warmth, Excellence, and Unity, to deliver extraordinary experiences and build lasting relationships with our customers and each other.
A job at Holt Renfrew offers a competitive total compensation, a generous employee discount, pension, and health & dental benefits, tuition assistance, and continuous learning and development
The Senior Operations Manager (Vancouver) is responsible for directing and managing effective and efficient store operations in a complex, large volume store environment. This includes leading all back of house operational functions, maintaining facilities to luxury standards, effective management of payroll and non-payroll expenses, and ensuring operational controls and standards are in place. Additionally, this role is responsible for leading the café to achieve sales and customer service goals.
- Work together with the Vice President, Store Experience in developing store operations plans that align with company strategy, drive results, and maximize profitability
- In partnership with the store leadership team, foster an environment of accountability that motivates store teams and promotes high employee engagement
- Equip and encourage employees to drive their own development, measure their success and continually strive to improve themselves and advance the business as whole
- Develop highly effective teams by coaching and supporting employees to improve through effective performance management and the celebration of achievements
- Develop and effectively manage annual non-payroll expense budget for location; oversee accounts payable, petty cash and cash flow management functions ensuring appropriate controls are in place
- Manage store payroll rate and expense; oversees store staffing, ensuring scheduling aligns with overall business needs, traffic flow, and budget
- Direct the timely and efficient movement of all merchandise including door to floor receiving, inter-store transfers, and customer deliveries resolving issues that may arise; ensure merchandise standards and tracking processes are maintained
- Oversee Alterations department to ensure exceptional luxury level tailoring and alteration services
- Leads and executes Omni channel services to achieve company standards and customer experience goals
- Responsible for maintaining luxury selling environment by ensuring facilities are in good repair and cleanliness standards are maintained; negotiates contracts with local suppliers as appropriate
- Oversee the maintenance and upgrades of all systems, POS, and phones; leads in-store change management activities related to new technology, system installations and changes.
- Ensure sound business practices by conducting regular audits for back of house, inventory management, store security; report findings and drive the resolution of any issues/problems
- Owns inventory management program; plans and executes audits, identifies issues and ensures any/all deficiencies are rectified
- Works in partnership with Colette, oversees the effective operation of the cafe
The ideal candidate:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or related major
- Minimum 7 – 10 years experience leading a complex operations or sales team in a large volume business environment
- Proven ability to coach, motivate, inspire, and develop high performance teams
- Highly energetic, self motivated, decisive, responsible and capable of working under stressful conditions, while consistently demonstrating a high degree of professionalism
- Ability to build solid relationships, both internal and external
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Exceptional detail and follow-up
- Excellent budgetary, projections, and cost control skills
- Excellent communication and leadership skills