Holt Renfrew offers you an inspiring, fashion-driven environment with opportunities to learn and grow. From our incredible partnerships with iconic luxury brands, to our commitments to corporate social responsibility, you will be inspired every day.
As Canada’s leading luxury retailer, our purpose at Holt Renfrew is to Inspire a Life of Style and this inspiration starts with you! Together, we drive Passion, Warmth, Excellence, and Unity, to deliver extraordinary experiences and build lasting relationships with our customers and each other.
A job at Holt Renfrew offers a competitive total compensation, a generous employee discount, pension, and health & dental benefits, tuition assistance, and continuous learning and development.
Group Sales Manager
The Group Sales Manager leads a sales manager team that drives the customer and employee experience and achieves all sales and profit targets.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Lead, motivate, and retain a team of high performing employees
- Continuously recruit, select, hire and on-board the best talent.
- Ensure the on-boarding of new Sales Consultants is consistent; certify all Sales Consultants in role
- Communicate performance goals (sales, customer, people, and event goals) to Sales Managers and provide coaching to behaviors that help achieve those goals.
- Recognize and reward extraordinary performance; give feedback and develop performance improvement plans for underperforming employees.
- Manage expense and payroll budgets to plan for areas of responsibility; review store profit and loss statements.
- Develop a clear talent and succession plan for the store ensuring the retention of key talent.
- Assist the GM with the creation of the store’s annual strategic plan focusing on customer and associate development strategies and actions
- Communicate assortment requests and merchandising information to Group Business Manager
- Assist the Sales Manager with the selection, on-boarding, and coaching of the Sales teams
- Prepare and analyze weekly, monthly and YTD store merchandising, inventory, and scheduling performance
- Serve as manager-in-charge of the store and assume General Manager duties as requested.
- Implement customer relationship management strategies including customer events, luncheons, correspondence, and outreach programs.
- Review and action Customer and Employee Voice scores
The ideal candidate:
- High School diploma.
- 4-6 years experience in a similar capacity; of which 2-3 years in a supervisory capacity with accountability for managing managers
- Proven track record of exceeding sales and profit targets; driver of results through people
- Strong interpersonal skills; proven ability to effectively manage relationships internally and externally including confrontations, coaching and team building
- Early adopter / change initiator
- Entrepreneurial spirit
The measures of success:
- Leadership behaviours
- Team sales results to plan for areas of responsibility
- Overall Customer Voice results versus goal
- Individual objectives linked to achieving sales plan