Holt Renfrew offers you an inspiring, fashion-driven environment with opportunities to learn and grow. From our incredible partnerships with iconic luxury brands, to our commitments to corporate social responsibility, you will be inspired every day.
As Canada’s leading luxury retailer, our purpose at Holt Renfrew is to Inspire a Life of Style and this inspiration starts with you! Together, we drive Passion, Warmth, Excellence, and Unity, to deliver extraordinary experiences and build lasting relationships with our customers and each other.
A job at Holt Renfrew offers a competitive total compensation, a generous employee discount, pension, and health & dental benefits, tuition assistance, and continuous learning and development.
Specialist, Merchant Marketing (Permanent Role/Fashion)
The Specialist, Merchant Marketing supports the Merchant Marketing leaders across a range of commodities (e.g. Ready to Wear, Accessories, Leased, Cosmetics, etc.) in all aspects of marketing the divisional vendor marketing programs to deliver on divisional sales targets: owned and paid digital, visual, experiential (Pop-up/Events) from programming, tracking, briefing, facilitating approvals, to budget and post-mortem reconciliation. This role works cross-functionally across marketing, creative, merchant and store teams to ensure all aspects of vendor marketing programs are delivered with excellence and on time to our stores.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Support the Merchant Marketing Director in preparing all vendor marketing briefs for program activations: Digital, Campaign, Visual, Trend stories, CRM programs, Paid Media, Website
- Manage vendor/ merchant program approvals.
- Makes day-to-day decisions on how to administer and communication programs within established framework of existing program. Suggest updates to programs, troubleshoot, and implement enhancements working with creative / vendor, with major changes approved by Director
- Partner with Manager/Director to develop strategic targeting for programs – email, CRM, Paid Media.
- Work directly with merchants and vendors for program approvals – always ensuring Holts POV is prioritized while providing recommendations on how best to leverage vendor assets.
- Manages work-backs internally (Creative/Visual/CRM) to ensure timely execution of programs to support new arrivals/launches/programs
- Priorities Calendar inputs/ tracking weekly/monthly/seasonal priorities from all merchants and ensuring deliveries match programs in-season – feeding weekly/monthly/seasonal program execution
- Product documentation (Sample/Style Card/Program Confirmation)
- Quant sheet development: Editorial - drive sales tracking and program effectiveness, Visual and PR Seasonal Programs - Facilitate priorities across the Merchant Teams for a singular view
- Drive the achievement of COOP and Expense goals work with vendors to maximize their COOP investments and partner with internal teams (Media/Visual/Store/etc) to maximize program budgets, optimizing expenses.
- Makes recommendations on program enhancements, packages and adjustments within budget parameters; manages timelines for efficient COOP collection.
- Leads accruals process for timely accounting of expenses / COOP; providing monthly recap to Finance/DVP
- Manages the vendor selling events and activations calendar – Leads the coordination of all Beauty eventing in partnership with the Marketing Director, merchant team, store teams (Events/CSMs) and SSC events team for seamless execution (Cosmetics only)
- Make recommendations to the vendor and store marketing teams on program live dates and how to improve events and processes
The ideal candidate:
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in marketing or related discipline
- Minimum 4 years of experience – project management, events, marketing
- Excellent project management skills to prioritize projects and balance the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrate strength in negotiating with internal teams and vendors to ensure projects are completed within scope and on budget
- Strong communication skills to ensure accurate information is captured on all program documents/ calendars and is cascaded to the appropriate internal/external teams.
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a matrixed environment
The measures of success:
- Contribution to financial objectives
- Individual objectives linked to the achievement of department goals
- Feedback from internal and external clients