Holt Renfrew offers you an inspiring, fashion-driven environment with opportunities to learn and grow. From our incredible partnerships with iconic luxury brands, to our commitments to corporate social responsibility, you will be inspired every day.
A job at Holt Renfrew offers a competitive total compensation, a generous employee discount, pension, and health & dental benefits, tuition assistance, and continuous learning and development
The Planner (Permanent Role) is responsible for maintaining in-season Sales, Margin, Receipt, Inventory and Turnover forecasts that reconcile to financial targets at a class level. The position brings analytical support and financial focus to help make decisions and develop strategies that will deliver and maximize Sales, Margin, Turnover and Inventory Management Return on Investment (IMROI) goals.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Plan and manage the development of annual department/class merchandise financial plans that align with the corporate strategies.
- Build a strong partnership with the merchant counterpart, making business decisions in alignment to the company strategy.
- Reconcile top-down and bottoms-up class plans to department plans and forecasts
- Develop pre-season plans and recommend purchase/investment quantities and develop accurate receipt flow forecasts
- Manage monthly department level open-to-buy activities
- Establish and maintain accurate demand forecasts and execute managing / anticipating product changes, promotions, etc.
- Manage inventory plans from investment through allocation execution, including ongoing evaluation and updates.
- Actively participate in assortment development and review, providing data and analysis to support decision-making.
- Collaborate on best strategies to address product liabilities and develop action plans to liquidate in a timely and profitable manner.
- Executes the end to end management of inventory, inclusive of automatic replenishment inclusive of model reviews with the buyer(s) once a season and managing the weekly/monthly AR spend.
- Effectively prioritize multiple workflows and projects; to be flexible and work under tight deadlines.
- Identify and leverage best practices and systems usage in order to work efficiently and effectively
- Collaborate with their buyer to manage inventory, optimize sales, and margin through in season forecast and weekly seasonality glide path.
- Conduct regular business discussions & forecast meetings with their buyer on business and provide in-season and future season analytics that are necessary to improve the productivity of inventory, improve margin and drive sales
- Identify business opportunities and mitigate inventory risk through preparation of What-If Scenario Analysis (WISA). Provide trend analysis that speaks to the assortment criteria such as pricing, commodity, sizing, brand, store to include recommendation in-season as well as the future buys.
- Prepare and present post mortems re:
- Year over Year comparison as it pertains to inventory management, or commodity and other categorical selling that will provide insight to improve future buy assortment, may include silhouettes, commodity, pricing strategy, etc.
- Takes the opportunity to champion assigned projects
The ideal candidate:
- Post-secondary degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Requires minimum of 5 years’ retail merchandise planning experience. Minimum of 3 years’ experience involving sales and inventory planning, sales forecasting, and OTB
- Excellent financial acumen, strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated leadership and influencing skills with the ability to get things done
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a team player who is able to act as both a leader and an individual contributor as required
- Confident and effective communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Is adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Highly service-oriented with exceptional organizational and follow up skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
The measures of success:
- Contribution to financial objectives
- Individual objectives linked to the achievement of department goals
- Feedback from internal and external clients