Reporting to the Divisional Vice President, the Manager, HR Operations & Administration will work to provide operational excellence in support of our future focused business strategies that align with our mission, to empower self-expression and ignite positive change.
The Manager, HR Operations & Administration (Store Support Centre) will lead policy, procedure and HR administration activities that support the employee lifecycle and the People Team coordination activities. Outcomes will embed our company values, promote a diverse and dynamic culture, and support our talent to achieve their personal best. In addition, this role will lead a team that will deliver solutions to support the People Team in our mandate to drive company performance, high employee engagement, and effective talent management.
This role will be appealing to leaders that have experience leading a team in HR Administration activities, HR Data Management, Reporting and Analytics, Human Resources policy revision and development and managed recruiting and talent coordination functions. Alignment to our company values (Passion, Warmth, Excellence, and Unity) is essential.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Contribute as a member of the People Team Leadership, executing on the People Team short- and long-term strategies.
- Lead a bilingual HR Helpdesk team that support all of Holt Renfrew in employee life cycle activities (hiring, onboarding, leaves, creating offer letters, termination letters and actions, job changes, pay changes, system updates etc.). Seeks ways to continually improve on the support we provide to the business along with delivering day-to-day responses and actions.
- Oversee effective People Operations that enable employee and manager self-service, while maintaining compliance and adherence to Federal and Provincial employment legislation.
- Create communication, correspondence and learning material associated with various HR initiatives
- Deal with urgent, sometime difficult, and important requests from current and former employees, leaded vendor partners, other HR leaders etc.
- Custodian and caretaker of HR policies and procedures including updating, maintaining, creating, posting, and managing annual review and sign-off for all People Team policies. Ensures compliance with other teams in policy standards and actions.
- Manages the coordination activities for our Talent Acquisition, Talent Management and Total Rewards teams including program administration tasks, cyclical execution of activities, reporting and communication. Works in close partnership with Talent and Total Rewards teams to support their functions.
- Manages the reporting and data requirements for employee related data.
- Works with internal IT partners to further develop and improve HRIS capabilities and system implementation.
- Owns the maintenance of the internal communication vehicle to ensure all information is updated, relevant and user friendly for all managers and employees.
- Responsible for the integrity and maintenance of employee data. Is hyper vigilant on employee data privacy protocols.
- Liaise with other areas of the business, where required, to execute process improvements, ensure “customer” satisfaction with the People Operations Team and work to always improve the service levels and quality to the business.
- Works with business leaders to ensure processes are clear, followed and improved or updated where need be.
- Coordinates effort for continual improvement in processes and procedures throughout all areas of the People Team.
- Ambassador for compliance activities, employee records, privacy standards, data, and cyber controls etc.
- Works with internal and external audit to ensure compliance and completeness of information.
- Accelerate the integration of digital business solutions to strengthen the employee experience, engagement, and organization effectiveness.
- Build strong relationships with HR Delivery Team in order to ensure two-way communication is constant for service delivery, continuous improvement, manager and employee communication and future focused planning.
The ideal candidate:
Education and Experience:
- University Degree or college diploma (ideally in Business, Human Resources or Organizational Development),
- 5+ years of experience leading progressive human resources teams in HR Administration and/or Operational activities
- Solid understanding of HR standards, practices, and procedures with proven experience in process improvement and standards elevation.
- Relevant experience in running Service/Help Centre type activities for Human Resources department
- Ability to operate within a private business, building trust and relationships with key stakeholders
- Solid skills in mapping vision and creating strategic business plans
- Strong results-orientation with the ability to spot business opportunities and challenges.
- Proven ability to drive innovation, improvement, and leading performance (dream big things and make them a reality)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Emotional Intelligence
- Collaborative and collegial but able to express opinions and challenge where required
- Demonstrates flexibility and agility
- Digitally-savvy, with experience of embracing technology and best use of data
- Passion for Sustainability, CSR and Diversity and Inclusion
Measures of success
- Achievement of People strategic initiatives
- Achievement of HR Operations and Administration team goals and initiatives
- Achievement of Employee Engagement Goals
- Demonstration of executive leadership behaviours
- Demonstration of company values