Holt Renfrew offers you an inspiring, fashion-driven environment with opportunities to learn and grow. From our incredible partnerships with iconic luxury brands, to our commitments to corporate social responsibility, you will be inspired every day.
As Canada’s leading luxury retailer, our purpose at Holt Renfrew is to Inspire a Life of Style and this inspiration starts with you! Together, we drive Passion, Warmth, Excellence, and Unity, to deliver extraordinary experiences and build lasting relationships with our customers and each other.
A job at Holt Renfrew offers a competitive total compensation, a generous employee discount, pension, and health & dental benefits, tuition assistance, and continuous learning and development.
Group Sales Manager
At Holt Renfrew, our purpose is to inspire a life of style. We achieve this by living our Brand Spirit; demonstrating Holts’ values:
- Passion - Own it
- Excellence - Elevate every moment
- Warmth - Open to the world
- Unity - One team. One Holts
The Group Sales Manager (Square One overseeing Accessories, Womens & Mens, 1 year contract) leads a Sales Management team that consistently delivers upon financial results while maintaining high levels of employee engagement and customer service.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
Achieve sales targets for multiple areas of responsibility
- Achieve customer service targets and resolve difficult customer issues
- Recruit, select, hire and on-board the best talent
- Lead, motivate, and retain a team of high-performing employees
- Communicate standards, parameters and performance goals to employees and provide coaching to behaviours that help achieve success
- Recognize and reward extraordinary performance; give feedback and develop performance improvement plans for underperforming employees
- Develop a clear talent and succession plan for the area, ensuring the retention of key talent
- Model leadership behaviours that promote a culture of open communication, employee development and trust
- Assist the AGM/GM with the creation of the store’s annual strategic plan focusing on customer and associate development strategies and actions
- Lead sales management team to develop, maintain and grow active client bases within their areas
- Implement customer relationship and Loyalty management programming
- Serve as manager-in-charge (MIC) of the store as required
- Partner with Merchants to communicate assortment requests and merchandising information
- Direct team in delivering high standards of merchandise presentation at all times
- Regularly evaluate inventory performance and develop strategies for improvement
- Participate in and influence the development of store seasonal plans
- Identify opportunities to drive business
- Direct the management of payroll and expense budgets for areas of responsibility; review store Operating Results
The ideal candidate:
- Post-Secondary degree or certificate in Business or Retail Management.
- 7-8+ years’ experience in a similar capacity; of which 4+ years is in a supervisory capacity with accountability for managing managers
- Proven track record of exceeding sales and profit targets; is a driver of results through people
- Early adopter / change initiator
- Entrepreneurial spirit
The measures of success:
- Contribution to financial objectives
- Individual objectives linked to the achievement of department goals
- Feedback from internal and external clients
**Thank you for your interest but only those candidates who are qualified will be contacted**