Holt Renfrew offers you an inspiring, fashion-driven environment with opportunities to learn and grow. From our incredible partnerships with iconic luxury brands, to our commitments to corporate social responsibility, you will be inspired every day.
As Canada’s leading luxury retailer, our purpose at Holt Renfrew is to Inspire a Life of Style and this inspiration starts with you! Together, we drive Passion, Warmth, Excellence, and Unity, to deliver extraordinary experiences and build lasting relationships with our customers and each other.
A job at Holt Renfrew offers a competitive total compensation, a generous employee discount, pension, and health & dental benefits, tuition assistance, and continuous learning and development.
Technical Systems Analyst (Middleware)
Reporting to the Enterprise Architect, the Technical Systems analyst will support the development of the Middleware solutions for Holt Renfrew.
They will work closely with the middleware team members under the guidance of the Enterprise Architect to develop and drive a Services Oriented Architecture for Holt Renfrew. Accuracy and speed are critical in bring new solutions to market within a retail environment. This will be an opportunity begin your career with Canada’s premium luxury retail brand.
- Analyze and develop technology solutions based on customer requirements
- Build and implement middleware solutions to meet business needs
- Innovate and bring best thinking to bear with regard to our middleware capabilities and solutions
- Collaboratively participates in business requirements gathering sessions and documents technical specifications readily resolve defects, and maintain and implements high quality program changes, applying IT development standards and practices
- Develop and implement standard processes for the installation, maintenance and enhancement of middleware solutions
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues in a timely and accurate manner to improve performance and functionality
- Develop and implement migrations, consolidations and upgrade of middleware components
- Apply standards for programming, naming, security & performance and provide supporting documentation
- Leverage a detailed understanding of business processes and procedures to prepare accurate and comprehensive user-level documentation
- Adapt existing methods and procedures to implement and test program modules in line with functional requirements and development standards
- Skills in tools and program technologies including, but not limited to Java, C++, Python and others to support middleware development
- Experience with middleware software
The ideal candidate:
- New graduate interested in working with Retail technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical related field (Sciences, Information Systems, Technology, Engineering)
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with and positively influence the IT organization, executives, management, employees, suppliers and all internal and external stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
The measures of success:
- Contribution to financial objectives
- Individual objectives linked to the achievement of department goals
- Feedback from internal and external clients