If you experience issues with your application, please submit your resume through Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
Holt Renfrew offers you an inspiring, fashion-driven environment with opportunities to learn and grow. From our incredible partnerships with iconic luxury brands, to our commitments to corporate social responsibility, you will be inspired every day.
As Canada’s leading luxury retailer, our purpose at Holt Renfrew is to Inspire a Life of Style and this inspiration starts with you! Together, we drive Passion, Warmth, Excellence, and Unity, to deliver extraordinary experiences and build lasting relationships with our customers and each other.
A job at Holt Renfrew offers a competitive total compensation, a generous employee discount, pension, and health & dental benefits, tuition assistance, and continuous learning and development.
Human Resources Advisor
The Advisor, Human Resources (SQUARE ONE LOCATION) enhances the employment experience for new and existing employees of Holt Renfrew through executing Human Resources strategies and programs with excellence, proactively managing HR deliverables and being a trusted advisor for employees. The Advisor, Human Resources, drives the administration and coordination of a wide variety of programs and process to support the attraction, selection, development and retention of talent.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Build relationships and provide guidance for employees on all Human Resources related matters; escalates complexities to the HR Business Partner
- Supports the HR Business Partner in the execution of Human Resources strategies, processes, and procedures
- Actively participates in the administration and coordination of HR programs including annual performance review process, training, and development, recruitment and selection, compensation and employee benefits, employee onboarding and health and safety
- Consults with leaders and employees on a range of HR related activities, including interpretation and application of HR policy and procedures, employment contracts and employee relations matters
- Supporting the HR Business Partner and Store Leaders on various assigned HR projects including the use of Human Resources systems and tools and troubleshoot problems when required
- Works together with Store Leaders and HR Services to support and resolve payroll/benefit issues
- Partners with the broader HR team including Center of Excellence (COEs) to provide input and execute programs
- Performing and advising on key HR project work and working with HR Business Partner to support the achievement of HR objectives
- Responsible for supporting overall employee engagement through relationship building, focus groups, initiatives and events execution
- Compiling data, statistics, reports and other information and conducting research as required;
- Liaise with Disability Management and Managers on employee leave of absences
- Additional tasks, assignments or responsibilities as assigned
The ideal candidate:
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-3 years of post-university work experience in a Human Resources Coordinator or Advisor capacity
- Ability to manage competing demands, and operate through focus, self-direction, initiative and sense of urgency to see projects through to completion;
- Demonstrated leadership and influencing skills with the ability to get things done
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a team player who is able to act as both a leader and an individual contributor as required
- Confident and effective communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Is adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Highly service-oriented with exceptional organizational and follow up skills
- Passionate about fashion and luxury retailing
- Strong computer skills are required including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
The measures of success:
- Contribution to financial objectives
- Individual objectives linked to the achievement of department goals
- Feedback from internal and external clients