If you experience problems uploading your resume, please submit your application using Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
Holt Renfrew offers you an inspiring, fashion-driven environment with opportunities to learn and grow. From our incredible partnerships with iconic luxury brands, to our commitments to corporate social responsibility, you will be inspired every day.
As Canada’s leading luxury retailer, our purpose at Holt Renfrew is to Inspire a Life of Style and this inspiration starts with you! Together, we drive Passion, Warmth, Excellence, and Unity, to deliver extraordinary experiences and build lasting relationships with our customers and each other.
A job at Holt Renfrew offers a competitive total compensation, a generous employee discount, pension, and health & dental benefits, tuition assistance, and continuous learning and development.
The UX Designer will work with Digital Services, Creative Services and Production to assist in the visual representation, user interface design and experience that supports the Holt Renfrew brand on HoltRenfrew.com.
We are seeking a UX Designer with innovative and analytical ideas and a proven track record in both creative and functional design. You thrive in conceptual thinking and design execution.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Support the creation and production of Marketing ideas that enhance the brand and inspire our customers on Holtrenfrew.com
- Work collaboratively with the team to build landing pages, editorial content & website functionality and ecommerce experiences.
- Focus on conversion including landing pages, buying, shopping cart experience, registration, and customer engagement etc.
- Understand and solve functional problems for desktop mobile users by designing rich UI experiences
- Drive experience and service innovation through ideation and concept development
- Research, conceptualize, wireframe and design stunning work
- Sketch, design, prototype, iterate and specify experience scenarios and storyboards
- Collaborate closely with project and development teams to ensure design intent is achieved
- Act as design owner through conception, build and release of features large and small.
- Ability to plot and map a user journey from product discovery through enrollment, down multiple engagement routes and through to journey completion.
- Ability to work within the brand and style toolkit with a desire to push existing standards to the next level.
- Exceptional production skills with an intuitive sense of layout and design.
- Manage designated projects from concept development through execution in a timely manner.
- Optimize workflow efficiencies with the Production Team.
- Effectively manage assigned projects as directed; Work within project schedules and deadlines
- Research and provide recommendations on best practices, UI patterns and trends.
- Responsible for the archiving and retrieval of web graphics, template files and related graphical assets.
The ideal candidate:
- Degree in design or a design-related discipline (user-centered design, information architect, visual design, design strategy, design management etc.)
- 5+ years of experience as a User Experience designer
- 3+ years of experience designing intuitive wireframes for desktop, mobile and/or responsive experiences
- Strong conceptual ability and attention to detail that translates into compelling customer experiences.
- Ability to contribute ideas and collaborate with all levels of the team to produce elevated experiences
- Advanced knowledge of HTML and CSS as well as an understanding of SEO and impact on web design.
- Strong prototyping skills demonstrated through various techniques: sketch, paper, wireframe, video, or interactive prototypes
- Experience in HTML & CSS and motion graphics
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, team environment
- Strong prioritizing, problem-solving, presentation, communication and presentation skills
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and prototyping tools, including Sketch or Adobe XD
- Ability to understand both the aesthetic needs and the technical requirements of the digital space and how to adapt from print to digital.
- A conceptual thinker with proven problem solving skills
- Knowledge of UX principles and best practices and how they can be applied to design.
- Strong portfolio that showcases your understanding of user centered design
- Great communication, organization skills and a passion for the digital space
The measures of success:
- Contribution to financial objectives
- Individual objectives linked to the achievement of department goals
- Feedback from internal and external clients