|Location:||National Capital Region|
|# of Openings:||1|
Gemini Industries Inc. provides technical, management and operations services to support National Security projects. We provide rapid response to the critical needs of our customers and those they serve. We perform analyses and develop operations plans to anticipate and prepare for the future. And we deliver advanced technology to improve our customer’s success in executing its mission.
Gemini seeks innovative, results-oriented individuals with the creativity, initiative, and intelligence to overcome any challenge and succeed. Members of the Gemini team thrive in a culture that is anticipatory, agile, and schedule-driven; with a sense of urgency and a drive to succeed. Our culture involves:
Position: Network Administrator
Outcomes: The successful candidate is expected to accomplish the following in the first year:
The Network Administrator will provide IT network administration support the Secretary of the Air Force - Concepts, Development, and Management Office (SAF/CDM). Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Design and configure network hardware and software components
· Monitor and maintain the integrity and security of the organization’s network, systems, and data.
· Troubleshoot network and system issues promptly, implementing effective solutions to minimize downtime and disruptions.
· Collaborate with the IT team to deploy new software, patches and upgrades to network devices and systems.
· Implement and manage network access controls, ensuring data protection and compliance with security policies.
· Proactively identify potential network and system vulnerabilities and take appropriate measures to enhance overall security.
· Monitor network performance, analyze trends, and propose improvements to optimize efficiency and user experience.
· Work closely with the IT team to provide technical support, ensuring timely resolutions to IT related issues.
· Document network configurations, system changes, and standard operating procedures for future reference.
· Proficiency in configuring and troubleshooting Cisco, Juniper, or similar network equipment.
· Knowledge of network security best practices and tools.
· Participate in major network installations and upgrades.
· Ability to troubleshoot complex network problems.
· Interface with vendors to maintain licenses and to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
· Provide recommendations on network interfaces and configurations.
Conduct routine high-priority network problem identification and high-priority corrective actions..
· Perform network hardware troubleshooting; and, when appropriate and economically feasible, perform network hardware repairs.
· Interface with the Non-classified Internet Protocol (IP) Router Network (NIPRNET), Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNET), Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications System (JWICS), Defense Messaging System, and other networks, as required.
· Assist the Government IT Office by providing engineering, technical, and management consultant support for CDM requirements.
The candidate must have the following qualifications:
The following qualifications are desired:
Travel: Minimal travel may be required. Possible locations: Mainly Ft Meade and possibly Oahu, HI, and Wiesbaden, Germany.
Direct Inquiries and Resumes to:
Gemini Industries Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to abiding by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability and any other basis protected by applicable law.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results