Gemini Industries Inc. provides technical, management and operations services to support National Security projects. We provide rapid response to the critical needs of our customers and those they serve. We perform analyses and develop operations plans to anticipate and prepare for the future. And we deliver advanced technology to improve our customer’s success in executing its mission.
Gemini seeks innovative, results-oriented individuals with the creativity, initiative, and intelligence to overcome any challenge and succeed. Members of the Gemini team thrive in a culture that is anticipatory, agile, and schedule-driven; with a sense of urgency and a drive to succeed. Our culture involves:
- The best and brightest personnel
- Work at a high operations tempo
- Integrated teams delivering rapid solutions
- An attitude that balances “I can make it better” with “As long as we succeed”
Position: Accounting/Pricing Assistant
Location: Burlington, MA
Clearance: Ability to obtain a Secret clearance
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related degree
The successful candidate is expected to accomplish the following outcomes in the first year on the position:
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of Government contracts.
- Prepare error-free Accounts Receivable invoices for Government contracts using all applicable invoicing systems (e.g., PIEE-WAWF, GSA ASSIST, IPP.gov).
- Prepare proposal cost estimate spreadsheets that are compliant with solicitation requirements with minimal guidance.
- Prepare proposal cost/price volume outlines that are compliant with solicitation requirements with minimal guidance.
The Staff Accountant/Pricing Specialist reports directly to Controller and will be exposed to all areas of accounting within the company. The Staff Accountant/Pricing Specialist will assist Controller with the daily operations of the Finance department, with an initial focus on Accounts Payable. The Staff Accountant/Pricing Specialist will also support the Business Development team with cost/price proposal development. Outstanding performance will result in a growth path to Senior Accountant over time. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform full cycle Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- On-board and setup of new employees
- Off-board terminated employees.
- Perform daily cashbook reconciliation.
- Create purchase requests and purchase orders for vendors and subcontractors; approve vendor and subcontractor invoices.
- Perform day-to-day processing of time collection, labor distribution, and ADP Payroll.
- Create proposal-specific cost estimate spreadsheets based on standard templates; adapt spreadsheets to reflect solicitation requirements, pricing approach, and other variables as necessary.
- Conduct salary research to support pricing requirements.
- Create cost/price proposal outlines based on solicitation requirements; populate outlines with standard text as applicable to create draft cost/price volumes.
The candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Broad knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- At least 10 years of experience in accounting operations.
- At least 5 years of experience in DoD or other Government contract cost accounting.
- At least 5 years of experience supporting Government cost proposals.
- Strong computer skills, expert in Microsoft Excel, proficient with other Office applications.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential/private information.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task, but knows when to request guidance/assistance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
The following qualifications are desired:
- Proficient in the use of PROCAS or other DCAA-compliant accounting systems; familiar with ADP Payroll software.
- Flexible, results-driven, self-starter.
- Able to take a project from conception to completion with minimum direction.
- Task-oriented yet able to understand the big picture.
- Highly-motivated self-starters
- Resourceful individuals with extraordinary intellectual capability and the ability to rapidly learn and apply new concepts
- Individuals who have a “let me try” attitude and are resilient, present an opinion/position, justify it, and then accept whatever decision is made and charge forward
- Individuals who view criticism as an opportunity to improve (“let me try again”)
- Individuals who think and create, enhancing the company with a steady flow of fresh ideas, perspective, and energy.
Direct Inquiries and Resumes to:
Brigitte A Parma
Gemini Industries Inc.
1408 N. West Shore Blvd., Suite 909
Tampa, FL 33607
Telephone: (813) 286-4777
Gemini Industries Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to abiding by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability and any other basis protected by applicable law.