Gemini Industries Inc. provides technical, management and operations services to support National Security projects. We provide rapid response to the critical needs of our customers and those they serve. We perform analyses and develop operations plans to anticipate and prepare for the future. And we deliver advanced technology to improve our customer’s success in executing its mission.
Gemini seeks innovative, results-oriented individuals with the creativity, initiative, and intelligence to overcome any challenge and succeed. Members of the Gemini team thrive in a culture that is anticipatory, agile, and schedule-driven; with a sense of urgency and a drive to succeed. Our culture involves:
- The best and brightest personnel
- Work at a high operations tempo
- Integrated teams delivering rapid solutions
- An attitude that balances “I can make it better” with “As long as we succeed”
Position: Assistant Controller
Location: Burlington, MA
Clearance: Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related degree, Master’s Degree preferred
The Assistant Controller supports the Controller in carrying out the operation of the Finance department. Specific responsibilities of the Finance Department include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the execution of Finance & Accounting.
- Lead the planning and execution of tasks and activities within these areas.
- Direct accounting functions, which include establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, procedures and initiatives.
- Review and reconcile monthly account activity, prepare recurring and adjusting journal entries, and prepare monthly financial statements.
- Administer and oversee day-to-day accounting operations including Accounts Payable, Billing, Accounts Receivable, and Project Reporting.
- Facilitate creation of purchase requests and purchase orders for vendors and subcontractors; approve vendor and subcontractor invoices.
- Administer and oversee day-to-day processing of Time Collection, Labor Distribution, and ADP Payroll.
- Oversee on-boarding and setup of new employees as well as terminations.
- Participate in evaluation and selection of benefits plans and oversee adoption and annual open enrollment.
- Approve and analyze accounting transactions and financial reports, prepare meaningful interpretations, and be prepared to advise of problems and other pertinent matters.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations; generate all journal entries to record transfers, wired funds, bank fees and other necessary adjustments.
- Interact with other departments to ensure accurate and timely project revenue and expense reporting.
- Coordinate with project managers to obtain financial and contractual information and create financial monthly status reports for customers.
- Maintain, update, and stay current on contract setup, modifications and closeouts.
- Prepare and maintain contract actions, conformed contract files, change and funding summaries, and various correspondence and documentation for Contracting Officer signature.
- Prepare quarterly GSA reporting for payment of CAF and IFF fees.
- Prepare documentation to support 401(k) testing and audit, annual financial audit, and annual Workman’s Comp audit.
- Prepare annual Incurred Cost Submission and support DCAA audits.
- Track task orders from award through contract close out and reconciliation.
The candidate must have the following qualifications:
- 7 years of experience in accounting operations.
- Flexible, results-driven, self-starter.
- Able to work independently and multi-task and knows when to delegate.
- Able to take a project from conception to completion with minimum direction.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Task-oriented yet able to understand the big picture.
The following qualifications are desired:
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
- Broad knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – must be able to work effectively in a team environment in both leadership and participant roles.
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical, and project management skills.
- Proficient in the use of PROCAS or other accounting system such as Delteck GCS Premier Time and Expense and ADP Payroll software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, expert Excel user.
- DoD or other government contractor experience helpful.
- Highly-motivated self-starters
- Resourceful individuals with extraordinary intellectual capability and the ability to rapidly learn and apply new concepts
- Individuals who have a “let me try” attitude and are resilient, present an opinion/position, justify it, and then accept whatever decision is made and charge forward
- Individuals who view criticism as an opportunity to improve (“let me try again”)
- Individuals who think and create, enhancing the company with a steady flow of fresh ideas, perspective, and energy.
Direct Inquires and Resumes to:
Gemini Industries, Inc.
2750 Prosperity Ave.
Fairfax, VA 22031-4338
Gemini Industries Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to abiding by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability and any other basis protected by applicable law.