Gemini Industries Inc. provides technical, management and operations services to support National Security projects. We provide rapid response to the critical needs of our customers and those they serve. We perform analyses and develop operations plans to anticipate and prepare for the future. And we deliver advanced technology to improve our customer’s success in executing its mission.
Gemini seeks innovative, results-oriented individuals with the creativity, initiative, and intelligence to overcome any challenge and succeed. Members of the Gemini team thrive in a culture that is anticipatory, agile, and schedule-driven; with a sense of urgency and a drive to succeed. Our culture involves:
- The best and brightest personnel
- Work at a high operations tempo
- Integrated teams delivering rapid solutions
- An attitude that balances “I can make it better” with “As long as we succeed”
Position: Contract Specialist Support
Location: Burlington, MA
Clearance: Moderate Security Clearance and Minimum Background Investigation (MBI)
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a Business-related field of study (i.e., Accounting, Business, Math, Finance, or related field of study)
The Contract Specialist will provide Contract Specialist Support services to the John A. Volpe National Transportation Systems Center (Volpe Center) Office of Acquisitions (Acquisitions; V-220). The office conducts all procurement activities in support of the mission, goals, and objectives of the Volpe Center, in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), and Transportation Acquisition Regulation (TAR) and Manual (TAM).
The Volpe Center is a federal fee-for service research and innovation center of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT). Volpe is authorized by Congress to conduct business through a Working Capital Fund (WCF) (49 U.S.C. 328). As a research and innovation center that receives no Congressional appropriations, the Volpe Center is 100% funded through sponsor project agreements. Volpe’s sponsors include federal (both DOT and non-DOT), state, and local governments, foreign and private parties. The Volpe Center maintains its own facility in Cambridge, MA.
The Contract Specialist will support the Acquisition Office’s pre-award and contract management and administration activities including, but not limited to, the issuance of contract and task order awards, Government Purchase Card (GPC) file audits, and contract closeout file preparation and referral.
The Acquisitions Office anticipates requiring assistance with:
- Conducting pre-award activities for the issuance of approximately 30 task orders from the DOT mandatory use Software Engineering Services (SWES) multiple award indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) vehicle.
- Conducting pre-award activities for the issuance of approximately 50 task orders from the Volpe Center’s Mission Information Technology Support (MITS) single award IDIQ.
- Conducting pre-award activities in executing approximately 250 procurement requests (PR) of varying sizes and complexity.
- Performing five GPC Program audits.
- Preparing records of payment (ROPs) for approximately 60 actions.
- Performing contract and/or task/delivery order administration activities.
- Preparing and referring to closeout approximately 300 physically completed e-contract file actions of various contract types.
The Contract Specialist will be required to provide Requirements Documentation Support, i.e., provide advice, recommendations, and document support to the Office of Acquisitions in all areas of the acquisition requirements phase; and coordinate with the Office of Acquisitions and their customers on all requirement support services. The Contract Specialist will conduct a variety of Requirements Documentation Support activities including:
- Acquisition Strategy Support. Provide advice and recommendations for all elements in acquisition plans, including approaches, options, strategies, risks, contracting methods, competition, sources, cost, milestone schedule, etc. Research existing Government- wide contracts for available products and services. Evaluate different approaches to and sources for acquisition support. Research available suppliers and compare the services and costs of obtaining support from the different providers. Prepare draft Tier 1, 2 or 3 Acquisition Plans for review, CO concurrence, and Chief of the Contracting Office approval. Deliverables: Written acquisition plans.
- Pre-Award Documentation and Source Selection. Review PRs and ensure documentation is in accordance with procurement request (PR) Checklist. Assist in evaluation process and assure written documentation to support both informal and formal source selection procedures. If formal source selection procedures are used, prepare draft of Source Selection Decision Memorandum. Other pre-award documents may include Determinations and Findings (D&Fs), Justifications and Approvals (J&A’s), and other necessary contract file documents. Deliverables: Complete D&Fs; J&A’s; and other necessary contract file documents.
- Solicitations. Prepare Request for Quotes (RFQs), Request for Proposals (RFPs) including Task Order RFPs, and Combined Synopsis/Solicitations using ESC PRISM and the Governmentwide system of entry, System for Awards Management (SAM). Assure the solicitation includes all appropriate solicitation terms and conditions. Recommend and prepare unique terms and conditions as required. Prior to release of solicitation, verify that funds are available and obtain legal concurrence, as necessary, and CO approval. Release solicitation by electronic posting. Deliverables: Solicitations.
- Contract Award. Work with evaluators and Contracting Officer (CO) to identify pre-negotiation objectives and assist the CO with discussions with Offerors. Prepare final contract award documents for task and delivery orders and stand-alone contracts in ESC PRISM and ensure complete contract file in accordance with file checklists. Obtain legal concurrence, as necessary, and CO approval. Distribute contract to appropriate parties. Draft Contract Actions Reports in FPDS via ESC PRISM for CO review. Deliverables: Award documents, Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) designation memoranda, FPDS Reporting documentation, and other contract file documentation, as necessary.
- Post-award Support. Prepare appropriate documentation for contract/task order modifications, including incremental funding, exercise of options and performance period extensions, as applicable, using ESC PRISM. Maintain accurate record of payment. Complete previously awarded, physically complete, awaiting referral to closeout contract files and refer them to the CO for closeout. Deliverables: Modifications, records of payment, correspondence, fully complete electronic files, draft CO completion statements, incomplete file memos as necessary, and closeout transmittal emails.
- GPC Program Support. Audit GPC cardholder and approving official records to verify compliance with Volpe’s GPC Program, as outlined in the Volpe V220G.2 and V220G.3G GPC Program Guides. Each audit consists of a review of transactions over a six-month period made by the Volpe Center’s 100 cardholders, and approved by the Volpe Center’s 45 Approving Officials, to ensure pre-approvals, receipts, and final approvals were obtained in accordance with Volpe’s GPC Program Guides. The average number of transactions per audit is 1,600. The Contract Specialist shall perform five (5) separate audits for the time periods: 1st and 2nd quarters of FY2019, 3rd and 4th quarters of FY2019, 1st and 2nd quarters of FY2020, 3rd and 4th quarters of FY2020, and 1st and 2nd quarters of FY2021. Deliverables: GPC audit report(s) detailing non-compliance findings, as applicable
- A minimum of eight (8) years of applicable experience directly involving Federal Government procurement work experience related to the responsibilities outlined above.
- Extensive knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Transportation Acquisition Regulation (TAR), pre-award contract activities, and contract administration methods and procedures.
- Ability to assess contract compliance and product/service quality; analyze and solve problems; gather data; compile information; prepare contract files; and prepare reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally (English) and in writing (English).
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to learn automated software applications and Volpe Center electronic systems including DELPHI, FPDS, CPARS, and PRISM.
- Ability to manage confidential and proprietary information.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with customers and coworkers.
Warrant and Federal Acquisition Certification-Contracting (FAC-C) or Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) Certification (current or previous)
- Highly-motivated self-starters
- Resourceful individuals with extraordinary intellectual capability and the ability to rapidly learn and apply new concepts
- Individuals who have a “let me try” attitude and are resilient, present an opinion/position, justify it, and then accept whatever decision is made and charge forward
- Individuals who view criticism as an opportunity to improve (“let me try again”)
- Individuals who think and create, enhancing the company with a steady flow of fresh ideas, perspective, and energy.
Direct Inquiries and Resumes to:
Gemini Industries Inc.
1408 N. Westshore Blvd. Ste. 909
Tampa, FL 33607
Telephone: (813) 286-4777
Gemini Industries Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to abiding by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability and any other basis protected by applicable law.