|# of Openings:||1|
Gemini Industries Inc. provides technical, management and operations services to support National Security projects. We provide rapid response to the critical needs of our customers and those they serve. We perform analyses and develop operations plans to anticipate and prepare for the future. And we deliver advanced technology to improve our customer’s success in executing its mission.
Gemini seeks innovative, results-oriented individuals with the creativity, initiative, and intelligence to overcome any challenge and succeed. Members of the Gemini team thrive in a culture that is anticipatory, agile, and schedule-driven; with a sense of urgency and a drive to succeed. Our culture involves:
· The best and brightest personnel
· Work at a high operations tempo
· Integrated teams delivering rapid solutions
· An attitude that balances “I can make it better” with “As long as we succeed”
Position: Budget Analyst
Location: McLean, VA
Clearance: Department of Homeland Security Background Check
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) is responsible for enhancing the security, resiliency, and reliability of the nation's cyber and communications infrastructure. CISA actively engages the public and private sectors as well as international partners to prepare for, prevent, and respond to catastrophic incidents that could degrade or overwhelm these strategic assets.
The Acquisition and Budget (AB) Branch develops cybersecurity acquisition strategies, provides pre and post award contract management, manages and executes tool procurements/maintenance, manages and vendor relationships and industry communications, performs budget formulation, execution and activities, as well as and other key acquisition products and services.
Specific responsibilities for the Budget Analyst include but are not limited to:
· Assisting in planning, executing, and monitoring current and future year CISA budgets.
· Compiling budget material and background information for use in briefing the CISA staff.
· Conducting analysis and assisting in preparing and presenting budget change recommendations and budget requests.
· Preparing and presenting cost-benefit analyses of proposed budgetary and program actions and recommending the most advantageous courses of action.
· Reviewing current and prior budget/funding trends and compiling funding projections.
· Recommending the realignment of funds.
· Reviewing execution plans and providing financial data to CISA regarding re-programming of funds between various programs.
· Identifying imbalances among program areas to eliminate duplication of administrative functions and to reconcile estimates.
· Resolving funding issues, obligations, disbursements, and Unliquidated Obligations (ULOs).
· Analyzing trends in spending and progress toward meeting budgetary objectives.
The candidate must have the following qualifications:
· A minimum of 3 years performing budget analysis with the Department of Defense or the Department of Homeland Security.
Travel: Some travel may be required
· Highly motivated self-starter
· Resourceful individuals with extraordinary intellectual capability and the ability to rapidly learn and apply new concepts
· Individuals who have a “let me try” attitude and are resilient, present an opinion/position, justify it, and then accept whatever decision is made and charge forward
· Individuals who view criticism as an opportunity to improve (“let me try again”)
· Individuals who think and create, enhancing the company with a steady flow of fresh ideas, perspective, and energy.
Direct Inquiries and Resumes to:
Gemini Industries Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to abiding by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability and any other basis protected by applicable law.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results