Gemini Industries Inc. provides technical, management and operations services to support National Security projects. We provide rapid response to the critical needs of our customers and those they serve. We perform analyses and develop operations plans to anticipate and prepare for the future. And we deliver advanced technology to improve our customer’s success in executing its mission.
Gemini seeks innovative, results-oriented individuals with the creativity, initiative, and intelligence to overcome any challenge and succeed. Members of the Gemini team thrive in a culture that is anticipatory, agile, and schedule-driven; with a sense of urgency and a drive to succeed. Our culture involves:
- The best and brightest personnel
- Work at a high operations tempo
- Integrated teams delivering rapid solutions
- An attitude that balances “I can make it better” with “As long as we succeed”
Position: Senior Strategic Planner/Air Targeteer
Location: MacDill AFB, Florida
Education: Bachelor’s degree.
A graduate of a Joint Advanced Warfighting School (JAWS), School of Advanced Military Studies (SAMS), School of Advanced Warfighting (SAW), Maritime Advanced Warfighting School (MAWS), or Senior Service College equivalent program.
A graduate of a Service tactics/weapons school.
The Senior Strategic Planner/Air Targeteer provides support to unique Operational Planning Teams (OPT) and Targeting and Fires Working Groups, and serves as the USCENTCOM lead planner for specialized air missions, the CENTCOM Synchronization Exercises, and Executive Steering Group (ESG) efforts.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Utilize expertise in Joint planning and targeting to organize, direct and coordinate planning and production of briefings, point papers, plans, and guidance on the development and integration of lethal and non-lethal fires.
- Assist in producing drafts and recommendations for approval, and in the development of overall joint system concepts, concept of operations/fires designs, and technical approaches to meet broadly stated requirements, objectives, and end states.
- Assist in continuity efforts, including evaluations/recommendations to the CCJ5 as it directs, coordinates, and conducts a combatant command level planning process for air employment.
- Provide the USCENTCOM senior staff, adjacent directorates, Component Commanders, and USCENTCOM Commander with advice and recommendations; provide specialized briefings with respect to plans, to include scheme of fires, targeting, special mission, and concept of operations assessment.
- Assist with organizing and coordinating air/fires/targeting planning and production of all task order activities.
- Assist in facilitating coordination across working groups and admin support staff in support of all air operations, scheme of fires, and targeting for all plans and activities.
- Support the management of a working group with a comprehensive view of operations by contributing to report preparation, conducting analytical and statistical research, and providing alternative solutions and assessments for air operations as part of a concept of operations, phasing construct, and a scheme of fires.
- Provide specialized technical support in the evaluation of the application of CCJ5 war games, Operational Plans (OPLANs), specialized options/missions, and participation in events to provide SME support to ensure planning objectives. Participate in and lead as applicable sidebars at the Operations/Logistics Conferences.
- Assist in planning and synchronizing Special Technical Operations (STO), Non-Kinetic Effects such as Cyber, Information Related Capabilities (IRC), Special Access Programs (SAP), and other non-lethal effects to support the planning efforts.
- Provide specialized coordination as applicable with external agencies in support of critical planning efforts with counterparts in USCENTCOM Component and Combatant Commands, the Joint Staff, the Office of Secretary of Defense, as well as counterparts in the interagency.
- Provide technical support and assistance to CCJ5 coordination between staff and coalition representatives and their respective senior leaders regarding air operations, scheme of fires, and targeting in the USCENTCOM AOR.
- Provide technical recommendations to the CCJ5 regarding the Joint Operational Planning Process, Joint Operational Planning and Execution System, campaign appreciation, campaign design, mission analysis, targeting and fires effects, and critical factors analysis.
- Conduct the orderly handover of a plan into an order to those tasked with execution of the operation. Provide staffs with the situational awareness and rationale for key decisions necessary to ensure that there is a coherent transition from planning to execution. Continuously maintain running estimates that allow for plans and orders refinement.
The candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Minimum ten years of planning experience as a senior air combat tactician, air mobility employment.
- Minimum three years planning experience at the Geographic or Functional Combatant Command Headquarters.
- Minimum of two years of experience working in an Air Operations Control Center.
Travel: Travel required to AOR.
- Highly-motivated self-starters
- Resourceful individuals with extraordinary intellectual capability and the ability to rapidly learn and apply new concepts
- Individuals who have a “let me try” attitude and are resilient, present an opinion/position, justify it, and then accept whatever decision is made and charge forward
- Individuals who view criticism as an opportunity to improve (“let me try again”)
- Individuals who think and create, enhancing the company with a steady flow of fresh ideas, perspective, and energy.
Direct Inquiries and Resumes to:
Gemini Industries Inc.
1408 N. Westshore Blvd., Ste.909
Tampa, FL 33607
Telephone: (813) 286-4777
Gemini Industries Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to abiding by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability and any other basis protected by applicable law.