Gemini Industries Inc. provides technical, management and operations services to support National Security projects. We provide rapid response to the critical needs of our customers and those they serve. We perform analyses and develop operations plans to anticipate and prepare for the future. And we deliver advanced technology to improve our customer’s success in executing its mission.
Gemini seeks innovative, results-oriented individuals with the creativity, initiative, and intelligence to overcome any challenge and succeed. Members of the Gemini team thrive in a culture that is anticipatory, agile, and schedule-driven; with a sense of urgency and a drive to succeed. Our culture involves:
- The best and brightest personnel
- Work at a high operations tempo
- Integrated teams delivering rapid solutions
- An attitude that balances “I can make it better” with “As long as we succeed”
Position: Contract Specialist – System Integration & Sustainment
Location: Alexandria, VA area
Clearance: Active TS/SCI
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide cradle-to-grave contracting action support for multiple Contracting Officers, in support of a wide range of customers. Customer requirements will be both classified and unclassified.
- Assist Contracting Officer with reviewing and analyzing requirements for systems integration and sustainment on Cost-Reimbursable and Firm Fixed Price (FFP) contracts.
- Assist with recommending business strategies, planning methods, and techniques to conduct extensive study and analyses of system production, technology, and logistics support requirements, through major defense contractors and subcontractors, to ensure compliance with regulatory provisions.
- Assist with high visibility briefings and presentations.
- Research, interpret, and work within the FAR, DFARS, DPAP, DAR Council, and MAJCOM guidelines to assist with developing sound strategies and innovative business decisions.
- Serve as an advisor to customers; assist with preparing sole source and competitive solicitations; assist in the proposal evaluation process; assist in negotiating contract terms; prepare the contract file for award; and contract closeout activities.
The candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Seven years contracting experience using FAR Parts 12, 13 and 15 for pre-award and post-award activities for commercial commodities and services.
- Level II Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) or Federal Acquisition Certification in Contracting (FAC-C). In the absence of these certifications, equivalency may be demonstrated by providing training certificates for all required courses that lead to Level II Certification.
- Experience performing non-warranted GS 1102 series contracting specialist duties, full functional proficiency in the operation of DoD contracting specialist tools, including proficiency in PD2 Contract Writing System.
- Possess a solid foundational understanding of both Federal and DoD contracting policy, rules, methods, and regulations.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
Travel: Minimal travel required
- Highly-motivated self-starters
- Resourceful individuals with extraordinary intellectual capability and the ability to rapidly learn and apply new concepts
- Individuals who have a “let me try” attitude and are resilient, present an opinion/position, justify it, and then accept whatever decision is made and charge forward
- Individuals who view criticism as an opportunity to improve (“let me try again”)
- Individuals who think and create, enhancing the company with a steady flow of fresh ideas, perspective, and energy.
Direct Inquires and Resumes to:
Gemini Industries Inc.
Burlington, MA 01803-5276
TEL: (781) 203-0100 Ext. 109
Gemini Industries Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to abiding by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability and any other basis protected by applicable law.