Freedom House is seeking an enthusiastic young professional to join its team in Vilnius, Lithuania as a Program Associate in a full-time capacity. This position will provide essential support for the implementation of a rapid response project in the Eastern Partnership region. The position requires work authorization in the EU and reports to the Vilnius-based Project Director. This is an immediately available, six-month long position; continuation of contract will be contingent upon receipt of additional funding.
Principal Duties, Responsibilities, and Expectations
- Project implementation support:
- liaise with project partners, including activists, CSOs, and institutional stakeholders
- track and document program activities and impact to ensure all project objectives are met
- coordinate logistics for travel, meetings, and events
- monitor sub-grantee spending and assist in resolving programmatic and coordination issues
- draft periodic program reports
- assist with identifying consultants and vendors
- Research and new business development support:
- monitor the developments in the assigned portfolio, particularly events pertaining to human rights, democracy, and fundamental freedoms
- provide research and analysis assistance for the Europe and Eurasia team, both in Vilnius and in HQ
- work with supervisor to identify and engage potential partners
- assist in drafting proposals, including budgets and data collection tools
- External relations support:
- develop effective professional relationships with partners, grantees, other local contacts, peer organizations, and donors
- attend outside meetings and events as requested, and prepare notes for the team
- assist in drafting press releases, articles, and briefs
- Bachelor's degree in political science, international relations, regional studies, public/nonprofit management, or other social science field
- Strong ability to communicate effectively and professionally in English and Russian, both verbally and in writing, is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of and respect for international human rights principles and mechanisms
- Understanding of international democracy support, with a focus on the Eastern Partnership region, preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant professional experience; field experience in the Eastern Partnership region preferred
- At least one year of experience providing administrative support on grants management; experience with USG funding preferred
- Experience developing and tracking budgets preferred
- Strong ability to independently plan, organize, prioritize work, and multitask to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to apply superb attention to detail and consistently produce timely and error-free work
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times
Disclaimer: This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job. It is not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job. Freedom House may add, change, or remove essential and other duties at any time.
Qualified and Interested Applicants:
We invite qualified candidates to complete an online application and submit a resume and cover letter.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only candidates authorized to work in the EU without any restrictions need apply.